Gaming Japanese Flipnote Studio 3D working on an American 3DS without region change! (Luma CFW required)

Did this work for you?

• Total voters

suicidalravioli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, today I will tell you how to get the Japanese Flipnote Studio 3D up and running on an American 3DS (Maybe European???) with all the online functions as well!
I am making this thread to tell you guys how to do it, because for a few years, I have wanted to do this myself but have found nothing on how to do so, and I've made an account for this alone.
All info quoted is from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Enable game patcher: Enables the following features:
  • The region/language emulation feature allows some games which need a specific language to be set to work, and DLCs for foreign games to load. To use it:
    • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
    • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com) inside titles.
    • Create a text file named locale.txt in the game's folder.
    • Inside the file,
      • Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN").
      • Put an empty space.
      • Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
    • For example, to play (insert game) in Japanese language and region:
      • Create ____________/locale.txt.
      • Put in JPN JP.
      • Save.

So after reading this, I'd recommend deleting any other version of FS3D and download the Japanese version AND the update data beforehand! (I downloaded from the place that rhymes with e-shop) and after following all instructions, hopefully you will have a running Japanese FS3D with online features!
Please note that this game is in Japanese and if you need help, just ask and I'll try my best to assist you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0