Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
lostdwarf said:
Guild McCommunist said:
lostdwarf said:
in other words, "we knew it wouldn't be ready by 2011, we just had to announce it as the 3DS was taking all the news and needed an excuse"

sony already stated that the 2011 release date was a date they "hope to aim for"
and that it was "unlikely it would be out in more than one territory in 2011"

sony timed the NGP preview to coincide with Nintendo's big 3DS january event to dumb down excitement.
now sony know they could not ever have a product they designed only a few months ago on sale the same year.

also sony stated that the device shown was "in development" and the features we were shown are not final spec and may have some cut once unit cost is considered.

Sorry but NGP is not going to be worth a penny. Why buy a half arsed game when you can get the full version on a console you already own?

ooh, a port! must be a sony game.

I'm sure Sony was planning for a giant fucking earthquake and tsunami to cripple an entire well developed country. You're being incredibly insensitive to think Sony is just using a gigantic natural disaster as "cover" for delaying their console, which still doens't even have a release date.

As for the "ooh, a port!", take a look at the 3DS line-up for once.

- SF64: A remake
- OoT: A remake
- SSFIV: A port
- Devil Survivor: Overclocked: A remake
- MGS3D: A remake

If ignorance is bliss, you must be one of the happiest people in the world.

You are a bit too much of a fanboy for my liking. Of course they have had an earthquake and tsunami and the powerplant problems but sony stated that none of its facillities were affected. PLUS NGP ISNT MADE IN JAPAN!!!!!! twat.

SSFIV:3D is not a port. It was built from the ground up by capcom. (checks recent ono interview... yep I'm right)

Metal gear 3D IS NOT A REMAKE OR A PORT! it is a brand new game!

the starfox and zelda titles are remastered remakes, but these will be very high quality, not your average careless and dissapointing PS3 port.

Devil survivor!! lol

Your stupidity is my humour.
it must suck being you. (thats my troll sentence)

Your fanboyism trolling started off by calling him fanboy.

People seem to think that electronics just magically appear pre-assembled. It's pretty obvious that Sony has been affected, maybe not necessarily the factories that deal directly with the NGP, but they have facilities that were very close to where the tsunami struck. Even if the plants that were affected weren't dealing with their gaming production, Sony would still have to move resources around to accommodate those plants that were affected therefore reducing resources to their gaming production line. Additionally, any electronics is made up of tons of different components. While it's possible that Sony may not have been affected directly by the tsunami, you have zero clue about how their suppliers are doing. They may need components from suppliers that are affected.

Metal Gear Solid 3DS is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (originally for the PS2)....
rolleyes.gif

You also have zero clue. The NGP is solely manufactured in CHINA! all parts, all built, in China. NOT JAPAN.
and lol to your Metal Gear comment. It is not Metal gear 3 you tard, as I said, it is a brand new game, it has its first level based in a forest (based on snake eater, but not snake eater)
YOU DONT EVEN PLAY AS SNAKE FFS! dont talk crap kid.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
LQQks like this thread could use some moderating, let's not attack each other over something like a possible delay. We are looking down the road anyways here...

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ridiculous. And that what your arguments are. Please if you're going to try to argue your point please start posting actual proof. So, we can get an actual argument and not some fanboyish trolling.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...3282272846.html

Whoa. No way. A report that confirms that Sony production plants, including components have been affected i.e. LCD screens. Also, you never answered about the necessity of Sony to allocate resources elsewhere. Fine, if they do produce the NGP in China that doesn't mean that Sony can afford to put short-term money there when their other facilities were affected and need resources. These facilities have larger wide ranging affects i.e. magnet tape production that are used by a large number of television production.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
Ridiculous. And that what your arguments are. Please if you're going to try to argue your point please start posting actual proof. So, we can get an actual argument and not some fanboyish trolling.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...3282272846.html

Whoa. No way. A report that confirms that Sony production plants, including components have been affected i.e. LCD screens. Also, you never answered about the necessity of Sony to allocate resources elsewhere. Fine, if they do produce the NGP in China that doesn't mean that Sony can afford to put short-term money there when their other facilities were affected and need resources. These facilities have larger wide ranging affects i.e. magnet tape production that are used by a large number of television production.

This. Completely. Just because it's assembled and completed in China doesn't mean it doesn't take components elsewhere. Multiple major companies (like Apple, according to the example) assemble and finish manufacturing in their main location but take components from elsewhere.

Something else you're not taking into consideration is the economic factor. Sony's shares have fallen since the earthquake and it could have implications on it's financial supply. If that's the case, then Sony could be having some problems with money and that in turn could slow down production. The entire economy has fallen in Japan.

QUOTEDamage sustained in the 9-magnitude temblor and tsunami that followed have forced Sony to shut down several factories in Northern Japan for repair. A lack of parts from component suppliers also is delaying production at locations not directly affected by the disaster, Tretton said.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparenlty now it's NOT affected by the earthquake...

Contrary to what has been implied by the president of Sony Computer Entertainment America, Sony claims that last month's earthquake in Japan has had no effect on plans for the NGP's launch.

Earlier this week, a Bloomberg story claimed the earthquake had impacted the production process of the NGP. And as a result, SCEA's Jack Tretton was quoted as explaining what that means: "It may be the straw that says 'maybe we get to just one market by the end of the year.'"

Sony is now distancing itself from that assessment, calling the Bloomberg report "wrong." Sony spokesperson Satoshi Fukuoka stated, "So far we see no impact from the quake on our launch plan." It will be keeping an eye on the situation in case that changes, but as of now, the situation doesn't appear to be as dire as it did following Tretton's quote.

It might very well be a case of Sony doing damage control, or Tretton may have indeed been mistaken. Prior to the earthquake, Sony had given a loose 'late 2011' release window for its new handheld.
[/p]

Source

Y'know, I like my Sony shit but they really need to choose what they say better. They're more worried about people getting pissy over the console being late because of a terrible natural disaster (and I'm sure any gamer would understand if it needed to be delayed because of the pickle Japan is in) but they're willing to hint at the console being quite pricey without a worry.

EDIT: Also I added this new story and changed the title for the new story. Better than making another thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0