bialasik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi.
I have a bunch of working Japanese DSi consoles. They looks great in my collection and I want to keep it.
I wonder if is there a chance to change language and region? By downgrading it or something? (is is possible to downgrade Japanese console?)
I almost can't use the console apart of just gaming. :(

Thanks,
Marcin

D

Deleted User

Hi.
I have a bunch of working Japanese DSi consoles. They looks great in my collection and I want to keep it.
I wonder if is there a chance to change language and region? By downgrading it or something? (is is possible to downgrade Japanese console?)
I almost can't use the console apart of just gaming. :(

Thanks,
Marcin
Using a hardmod or twlnf, try to copy shared1\TWLCFG0.dat & TWLCFG1.dat from an English DSi. DO NOT copy any other file or it will hardbrick.

Search for "DSi SD/MMC Firmware System Settings Data Files" of http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm to see how I found that

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any update?
I somehow found a dsi nand online that is not J (sadly versions dont match, its 1.4.5U, my dsi is 1.4J), but here are my reuslts:
the name and color got changed
every icon (like flipnote or dsi shop or pictochat) got english
the language is still japanese.
PICTOCHAT AND DOWNLOAD PLAY GOT ENGLISH, maybe games will boot now in english(?)

im trying stuff with replaceing some files even if i dont know what im doing.
i just want a german system ui xD (i know that i dont have a E Nand, but im searching).

(and sorry if its a necrobump but i dont think it is one)

Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

I somehow found a dsi nand online that is not J (sadly versions dont match, its 1.4.5U, my dsi is 1.4J), but here are my reuslts:
the name and color got changed
every icon (like flipnote or dsi shop or pictochat) got english
the language is still japanese.
PICTOCHAT AND DOWNLOAD PLAY GOT ENGLISH, maybe games will boot now in english(?)

im trying stuff with replaceing some files even if i dont know what im doing.
i just want a german system ui xD (i know that i dont have a E Nand, but im searching).

(and sorry if its a necrobump but i dont think it is one)
can you PM me your NAND (with NO$GBA footer added!) so I can look at it? I think what's happening is that the launcher is still the J region

Last edited by ,

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok i found something. The region code is saved in the HWINFO_S.dat, its RSA-encrypted. So we need the RSA key from Nintendo or we do something different like injecting the language in the J region.

Reactions: Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Pardon me, no progress still?
I don't mind installing hiya with redirection if it gives me english menu and options.
Or I may just as well start to learn some japanese)))

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for reply. However, is it solveable furthermore, or "learn kana" route?
Its up to @Robz8, or whoever made the RSA Patches for HiyaCFW.

And prolly dont lern japanese, its very hard. Dont learn it if you dont care about the culture etc.
Its really hard to learn a language, especially Japanese.

The prolly better route is to sell the DSi(LL?) and buy a US/EU Device.

Reactions: Dark Ronin

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Until we wait for HiyaCFW to get the required patch, at least we can test this with no$gba, as it allows unencypted sigs, so one could make "properly signed" HWINFO_S.dat.
It's that USA dump floating around the web, SDNAND region changed to EUR:

lzJEgmH.jpg
Though, it will probably be easier for most people to just replace System Menu with DSiMenu++, which can override language in games. ¯\(ツ)/¯

Reactions: pandavova
D

Deleted User

Until we wait for HiyaCFW to get the required patch, at least we can test this with no$gba, as it allows unencypted sigs, so one could make "properly signed" HWINFO_S.dat.
It's that USA dump floating around the web, SDNAND region changed to EUR:

photo
Though, it will probably be easier for most people to just replace System Menu with DSiMenu++, which can override language in games. ¯\(ツ)/¯

@nocash123 How are you patching the signatures for hwinfo_s in no$gba?

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@nocash123 How are you patching the signatures for hwinfo_s in no$gba?
That signature is not patched in no$gba either.
No$gba allows unencrypted signatures, but the signature itself still has to be valid.
A signature is a certain message we can recreate, but we can't encrypt it without Nintendo's private key, so a real console won't accept it without a patch.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night