Hacking Japanese 9.7 N3DS with Regionfour, NA roms still have japanese language?

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I've been using sky3ds with my original 3DS and everything worked perfectly fine. However, I just picked up a new 3DS and have been using regionfour with it and am having some issues. Using sky3ds and a japanese rom of Cubic Ninja, I can boot up NA roms fine, however some games such as Luigi's Mansion (NA rom) is all in japanese and so is Yoshi's New Island (also NA rom). Resident Evil Revelations also has a line of Japanese text in game right when the game boots up, so it doesn't affect the game but I figured it's worth mentioning. Mario Golf 3DS is all in english though.

Anyone else encountered this? How do I reliably play my NA roms in english with sky3DS and regionfour? Is there any way around this?

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I've been using sky3ds with my original 3DS and everything worked perfectly fine. However, I just picked up a new 3DS and have been using regionfour with it and am having some issues. Using sky3ds and a japanese rom of Cubic Ninja, I can boot up NA roms fine, however some games such as Luigi's Mansion (NA rom) is all in japanese and so is Yoshi's New Island (also NA rom). Resident Evil Revelations also has a line of Japanese text in game right when the game boots up, so it doesn't affect the game but I figured it's worth mentioning. Mario Golf 3DS is all in english though.

Anyone else encountered this? How do I reliably play my NA roms in english with sky3DS and regionfour? Is there any way around this?
Some games have language packs installed so that they're compatible to other players when playing online and other stuff. Since you're playing on the Japanese 3DS, the games will detect that it's in Japanese and so it'll change languages that fits the system. At least, that's what I think. Don't take my word for it. :P

thebatdadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games have language packs installed so that they're compatible to other players when playing online and other stuff. Since you're playing on the Japanese 3DS, the games will detect that it's in Japanese and so it'll change languages that fits the system. At least, that's what I think. Don't take my word for it. :P
Ah thanks, I thought all regionthree/regionfour did was just bypass some bit of code that checked the game's region but I guess it's not that simple. Didn't even know there was a compatibility list until now haha. It seems like my retail carts all run fine with regionfour and are in English even on my Japanese N3DS (Mario 3D Land, Pokemon X/Alpha Ruby, Samurai Warriors Chronicles, Fire Emblem Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country Returns). Sky3DS roms so far are about 50/50 though (only have around 5 games on there), not sure if that's just coincidence...

kitney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi so for your N3ds language, you didn't change it, right? I will hack just like you.
What is NA rom? Could you give me some experience for using this?

Zlyphor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super Smash Bros also changes the language based on the console language. It's mostly with first-party Nintendo games that do this that have been localized and released all at once.
Most games shouldn't have this problem but there really isn't any type of workaround other than playing it on a US console instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: