Japan to get new 'Brain Age' title for the Nintendo Switch

brain age switch.JPG
Back in the Nintendo DS era, a game based off neuroscientist Dr. Ryuta Kawashima's work took old and young players alike by a storm. The game, titled Brain Age and featuring Dr. Kawashima's polygonal talking head, was made up of a series of challenges that were aimed at keeping your brain active and hopefully help against dementia. A new title in the series is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year in Japan with similar features to its NDS predecessor.

This title, roughly translated as "Nintendo Switch Training for Adults with Brain Training Supervised by Prof. Ryuta Kawashima, Research Institute for Aging Medicine, Tohoku University" (probably something shorter if an international version is released), will also use the Switch's unique features like motion control, the IR camera to record hand movements, and also its touch screen. Indeed, a capacitive stylus, reminiscent of the NDS, for handwriting answers on the screen will be sold separately.

Another feature is the ability to track one's progress through a phone and also share the results with family and friends. Additionally, to keep up with your brain training, the game will send you reminders in docked mode by buzzing the Joy-Con and also apparently by flashing the home button’s LED.

buzz.JPG

The new Brain Age game will be released in Japan this December 27. No word on an international version at the time of writing.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The free UK wiiu version was the best release so far that got absolutely rinsed! At least it did come in very handy for lots of activities! I could #tag loads of members in this comment, it did bring back some good memories but they might not want me too! So Mums the word!!!

Last edited by Reecey,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Back in the Nintendo DS era, a game based off neuroscientist Dr. Ryuta Kawashima's work took old and young players alike by a storm. The game, titled Brain Age and featuring Dr. Kawashima's polygonal talking head, was made up of a series of challenges that were aimed at keeping your brain active and hopefully help against dementia. A new title in the series is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year in Japan with similar features to its NDS predecessor.
You make it sound like as if there wasn't a Brain Age game on the 3DS.

Reactions: DarthDub

Lazyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am so glad that nintendo did not ditch the brain age and use the full potential console for this game. The idea of sharing the game experience in this title is incredibly powerful that really brings nintendo to the age when it was popular between ALL the ages

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am so glad that nintendo did not ditch the brain age and use the full potential console for this game. The idea of sharing the game experience in this title is incredibly powerful that really brings nintendo to the age when it was popular between ALL the ages
Dont kno what yr really on about re age I'd say noone over 80 has ever bought a Nintendo machine - I'd even say anyone over 80 hav never even heard of Nintendo unless thers someone over 80 working at nintendo:lol:

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Feels weird saying this, especially since I'm not even 18 yet, but that game on the DS was pure fun for me as a kid, the "correct answer" sounds are flooding me with a metric ton of nostalgia that's insane. Even though it may not be as good as in my memories I may give the switch version a go if it ever gets released in Europe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs