Japan to get new 'Brain Age' title for the Nintendo Switch

brain age switch.JPG
Back in the Nintendo DS era, a game based off neuroscientist Dr. Ryuta Kawashima's work took old and young players alike by a storm. The game, titled Brain Age and featuring Dr. Kawashima's polygonal talking head, was made up of a series of challenges that were aimed at keeping your brain active and hopefully help against dementia. A new title in the series is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year in Japan with similar features to its NDS predecessor.

This title, roughly translated as "Nintendo Switch Training for Adults with Brain Training Supervised by Prof. Ryuta Kawashima, Research Institute for Aging Medicine, Tohoku University" (probably something shorter if an international version is released), will also use the Switch's unique features like motion control, the IR camera to record hand movements, and also its touch screen. Indeed, a capacitive stylus, reminiscent of the NDS, for handwriting answers on the screen will be sold separately.

Another feature is the ability to track one's progress through a phone and also share the results with family and friends. Additionally, to keep up with your brain training, the game will send you reminders in docked mode by buzzing the Joy-Con and also apparently by flashing the home button’s LED.

buzz.JPG

The new Brain Age game will be released in Japan this December 27. No word on an international version at the time of writing.

:arrow: SOURCE

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Silly switch owners.
Brain age isn't the entrypoint of the exploit. It is the ds emulator, a bunch of ds games work to install haxchi.

But I think that asking some knowledge from switch owners is a little too much.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Silly switch owners.
Brain age isn't the entrypoint of the exploit. It is the ds emulator, any ds game works to install haxchi.

But I think that asking some knowledge from switch owners is a little too much.

2+2=4 bro 2+2=4.

what more do i have to say?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brain age isn't the entrypoint of the exploit. It is the ds emulator, any ds game works to install haxchi.
Unless requirements have changed (I didn't keep close watch), it's not any DS game. It was a selected list, maybe 15 or so, and Brain Age happened to be the cheapest. That's why it was the popular choice to buy on the eShop.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohyeahitsbigbraintime.jpg

Not sure if the brand is strong enough when countless clones are available on phone and tablet.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Not every game is compatible.

Unless requirements have changed (I didn't keep close watch), it's not any DS game. It was a selected list, maybe 15 or so, and Brain Age happened to be the cheapest. That's why it was the popular choice to buy on the eShop.
Well, back in my day it was any game (but not because brain age was the only one available) or nearly any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.