Japan to get new 'Brain Age' title for the Nintendo Switch

brain age switch.JPG
Back in the Nintendo DS era, a game based off neuroscientist Dr. Ryuta Kawashima's work took old and young players alike by a storm. The game, titled Brain Age and featuring Dr. Kawashima's polygonal talking head, was made up of a series of challenges that were aimed at keeping your brain active and hopefully help against dementia. A new title in the series is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year in Japan with similar features to its NDS predecessor.

This title, roughly translated as "Nintendo Switch Training for Adults with Brain Training Supervised by Prof. Ryuta Kawashima, Research Institute for Aging Medicine, Tohoku University" (probably something shorter if an international version is released), will also use the Switch's unique features like motion control, the IR camera to record hand movements, and also its touch screen. Indeed, a capacitive stylus, reminiscent of the NDS, for handwriting answers on the screen will be sold separately.

Another feature is the ability to track one's progress through a phone and also share the results with family and friends. Additionally, to keep up with your brain training, the game will send you reminders in docked mode by buzzing the Joy-Con and also apparently by flashing the home button’s LED.

buzz.JPG

The new Brain Age game will be released in Japan this December 27. No word on an international version at the time of writing.

:arrow: SOURCE

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Somewhat curious at the volume of replies here. I didn't know it enjoyed that kind of position.

That said it is one of the DS games I see most when hunting for DS games and have learned to dismiss it. I think I tried one of the earlier DS versions and it did nothing for me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You think??????? You did - mayb you should play them more often so Yr brain can remember:D
But if I have to remember every game I played during a time where it was something of a fad to try every new release then I won't have room for other trivia like the names of dinosaurs and a rough description thereof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins