Japan Retro Game Association is giving away one hundred Super Famicoms to families

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,783
  • Replies 23
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted User

OP
And worst of all is that you are right. And because of the high price of videogames, brazillian and south american companies like CCE and TecToy produced non-licensed and licensed versions of these old hardwares in the 80's and 90's. CCE produced non-licensed versions of Atari 2600 and Famicom while TecToy produced licensed versions of Master System, MegaDrive and even Saturn in Brazil.
i knew about tectoy master systems and megadrives, but knew nothing about the saturn lol, many old people here call famiclones ataris, say they came from brazil, makes sense now

ericgobbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i knew about tectoy master systems and megadrives, but knew nothing about the saturn lol, many old people here call famiclones ataris, say they came from brazil, makes sense now
Without doubt one of the most or even the most pirated videogame in history is the Famicom. And in Brazil was not different. In the late 80's, a lot of non-licensed Famiclones were produced. Phantom System, Dynavision and Top Game are just some examples i remember now. And i didn't know these famiclones actually came to other countries of South America.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Without doubt one of the most or even the most pirated videogame in history is the Famicom. And in Brazil was not different. In the late 80's, a lot of non-licensed Famiclones were produced. Phantom System, Dynavision and Top Game are just some examples i remember now. And i didn't know these famiclones actually came to other countries of South America.
the one most people will quote (local friends, mexican and argentinian as well) simply was called the family, most pirated was likely the ps2, i don't know a single person who has one without a modchip, but the famicom is most likely the most cloned, not surprising considering it's mostly off the shelf parts, same reason so many cloned the ibm pc

ericgobbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the one most people will quote (local friends, mexican and argentinian as well) simply was called the family, most pirated was likely the ps2, i don't know a single person who has one without a modchip, but the famicom is most likely the most cloned, not surprising considering it's mostly off the shelf parts, same reason so many cloned the ibm pc
Exactly.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, only @BakerMan is as young as me