Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Famitsu has reported that Zelda - Phantom Hourglass will be released on the 23rd of June, so even though us none Japanese speaking folk will have to wait till late 2007 at least we could get an idea at how it plays when it comes out over there.

I think this is the first Zelda game since WW that came out in Japan first, TP of course made Wii launch in the US and Minish Cap was out in Europe first (I think).

EDIT: Yeah I was wrong about MC not coming out in Japan first.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
1743 - The Legend of Zelda Fushigi no Boushi (J)
1758 - The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (E)
1864 - The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap (U)

Imma gonna play the (J) version just to get the feel of the game, then I'm waiting...or at least thats the plan...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why do we have to wait until October? It's not like DS games are gigs in size or anything. A person that can speak Japanese AND English could translate the text in less than a day.

So I ask again, why do we have to wait until October? I never did understand why they have to be so gay about release dates.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
And why do we have to wait until October? It's not like DS games are gigs in size or anything. A person that can speak Japanese AND English could translate the text in less than a day.Â

So I ask again, why do we have to wait until October? I never did understand why they have to be so gay about release dates.
Because we have longer penises.
It's just a reward for being gay.
Reward for japaneses, thats it.
(if anyone feels offended, explain me what that word means!!!!)
lol, jk.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And why do we have to wait until October? It's not like DS games are gigs in size or anything. A person that can speak Japanese AND English could translate the text in less than a day.Â

So I ask again, why do we have to wait until October? I never did understand why they have to be so gay about release dates.

just think about the release date for europe
blink.gif
dry.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country

just think about the release date for europe
blink.gif
dry.gif
Hey, is that really such a nuisance for you britards? I ask with no acritude, just out of curiosity. I don't mind getting U version of a game instead of EUR
huh.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

It´s not like the text on the DS games came on .doc files.
There´s also the localization thing..
frown.gif

antigirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We Europe are at a different time span with technology, Japan is way ahead, they will run us through our SMS course and make money and introduce MMS so on [trend just seen]

Zelda could be made in Japan, translation takes longer time and sometimes games have subtle differences to suit the region

Tank5890

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, is that really such a nuisance for you britards? I ask with no acritude, just out of curiosity. I don't mind getting U version of a game instead of EURÂ
huh.gif
For those who occasionally buy legitimate games (i.e. most DS owners), yes it is.

If I find out I can't transfer my (U) Diamond/Pearl save onto my real European game come June, I'll be pretty pissed off with Nintendo.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, is that really such a nuisance for you britards? I ask with no acritude, just out of curiosity. I don't mind getting U version of a game instead of EURÂ
huh.gif

For those who occasionally buy legitimate games (i.e. most DS owners), yes it is.

If I find out I can't transfer my (U) Diamond/Pearl save onto my real European game come June, I'll be pretty pissed off with Nintendo.
But hey, that has nothing to do with buying games or not. I mean... well, NDS is region free, why don't you guys import? It can be even cheaper than getting it at your home country sometimes... I guess it's a matter of... laziness? national pride? XD

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh.gif

But hey, that has nothing to do with buying games or not. I mean... well, NDS is region free, why don't you guys import? It can be even cheaper than getting it at your home country sometimes... I guess it's a matter of... laziness? national pride? XD
It is cheaper, especially if you get the game a month after its release. DS games here are usually £29.99, import a new game from US is sometimes about £21.50 including postage!

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Because the Japanese are racist, and they like to laugh at us.
rofl2.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
huh.gif

It is cheaper, especially if you get the game a month after its release. DS games here are usually £29.99, import a new game from US is sometimes about £21.50 including postage!
Then, I ask over again; is that really such a nuisance for you britards? Both for those who will get the dump illegally and those who want to buy it legitimately.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me its not, its good for me as not only will I get the game sooner but also cheaper and not only that I wont have given in and completed a version on my M3 which in turns makes me want to by it less when it eventually comes out.

For some people though they like to support the UK videogame industry, if a game does well over here then we may see a sequel or the publisher will be inclined to bring out more games and in some peoples eyes that makes purchasing it in your own country a good prospect.

Oh and I find offence at being called a "britard".

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
For me its not, its good for me as not only will I get the game sooner but also cheaper and not only that I wont have given in and completed a version on my M3 which in turns makes me want to by it less when it eventually comes out.

For some people though they like to support the UK videogame industry, if a game does well over here then we may see a sequel or the publisher will be inclined to bring out more games and in some peoples eyes that makes purchasing it in your own country a good prospect.

Aha, ok... I guess that's more or less as I suspected.
Sorry about the "britard" thing, that's not due to a lack of respect from me but to a lack of English knowledge on sustantives XD
So, how should I call people living in the UK? I used to call them English but that's an adjective and some people are not really "English"... anyway, take it easy, there's no need to feel offended just like that, just tell you don't like being called that way because feeling offended upon other people's mistake is not quite sensible, imho.

Unlimited

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope this game would be as good or better than Wind Waker. I remember they stated it was out around the same time as Twillight Princess last year. Oh well
smile.gif
I'll get the JP version to test around when its out
smile.gif

Keso_77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Aha, ok... I guess that's more or less as I suspected.
Sorry about the "britard" thing, that's not due to a lack of respect from me but to a lack of English knowledge on sustantives XD
So, how should I call people living in the UK? I used to call them English but that's an adjective and some people are not really "English"... anyway, take it easy, there's no need to feel offended just like that, just tell you don't like being called that way because feeling offended upon other people's mistake is not quite sensible, imho.

They are called "brits", "limeys" or "tea drinkers with knickers". They are called hooligans when they travel abroad
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1