Japan DSes

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by krazeyo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. krazeyo
    OP

krazeyo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2008
    Canada
    I was wondering if I a Japan DS' power charge would be compatible here. Do I need to buy an adapter or a DS charger here?

2. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    I remember mine that I imported from Japan had the same charger that fit the sockets in my wall (I live in the US, BTW).

So, ya, just import it and you should be all good.

3. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007

no probs not the no doubt use different voltage even if its only slight ... however the console its self is MULTI REGION so just buy a power supply in your own country it will be fine [​IMG]

4. kikuchiyo

kikuchiyo 大阪に生まれた男

Jan 6, 2004
    United States
    USA
    You don't even need a different charger.

My first two DSes were Japan and I used them in the States just fine (I sold the white phat and lost my white lite).

My black US DS works here in Japan just fine.

5. MASAKA

MASAKA Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2008
    Tokyo
    dont worry.

JP&US are all 110V, enjoy your ds life! [​IMG]

6. BrianTokyo

BrianTokyo NDSTokyoTrim Dev.

Jun 28, 2007
    I bought the crimson DS in Tokyo, but the voltage there is different than in Europe so I had to buy a new power adapter here. It was cheap though, barely ~12 euro. (The DS was around 100)

7. krazeyo
    OP

krazeyo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2008
    Canada
    oh okay then. Would it be better if I used my sister's DS charger that was brought here in Canada?

8. twinkleface

twinkleface Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2008
    Philippines
    Is there really a difference between JPDS and a USDS?

9. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    "technically" there is no difference between any region ds. the difference lies in the input voltage range for the ac adapter, which is as follows:
    japan - 100v
    united states - 110v
    united kingdom - 220v

given that almost all electronic devices allow for a variance of +- 10v, this allows people in either japan or the states to interchange products without issues.

ps
    the voltage that is passed into the ds from any of the ac adapters is only 5.2v

10. redviper

redviper Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2003
    Gambia, The
  11. layzieyez

layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Just don't use a U.S. microwave oven in Japan or vice versa. That is dangerous. I've never had any problems with my computer, dreamcast, ps2, psone, or any other electronics like that going to Japan.