Jap wii with euro mod help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sparks97, Dec 15, 2011.

Dec 15, 2011

Jap wii with euro mod help by sparks97 at 11:11 PM (660 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sparks97
    OP

Newcomer sparks97 Member

United Kingdom
    i want to update a japanese wii which has been softmodded to european version, at present it even has japanese menus so i would like to know how to bring it up to date to play latest games etc.
    i have used modmii to do a "genuine " european wii and found the instructions clear, with this one will i need to get the original japanese update then re softmod and make it region free after or is it more technical, and what do i need to be carefull with and watch out for because it belongs to a friend and i dont want to end up bricking it.

2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Run modmii, tell it your 3.1e, update to 4.1e. Install all of those wads. After you install all the wads exit to the HBC and run wiimod. Select the advanced menu, select the region changer. Change the region to europe, save the settings.

Before you do this-
    -delete your shop account if you have one in jap
    -ensure your tv supports pal.
    -ensure you install the priiloader
    -do the whole thing without turning of or restarting the wii, just exit to HBC until everything is done.

3. sparks97
    OP

Newcomer sparks97 Member

United Kingdom
    hi thank you for the reply, its already on 4.1e will that cause a problem? will modmii download wiimod for me? do i need to do a nand backup as well, sorry for all the questions but i want to make sure i am doing it right.

4. mauifrog

United States
    You should do a nand backup. Modmii probably will download wiimod if you ask it to. It sounds like your already fully at 4.1e, so the only issue is just to check and make sure all your region settings are proper.

5. sparks97
    OP

Newcomer sparks97 Member

United Kingdom
    so if i use modmii to redownload all the files like i am doing a normal softmod then just proceed as if the wii has never been modded so everything gets updated.
    do i tell modmii that i am on the europe wii or the jap wii and after change the region settings or just download the european files and overwrite the existing ones?

6. mauifrog

United States
    Just tell modmii you have a virgin euro wii, and make sure your settings are actually euro which they probably are. That is it.

7. sparks97
    OP

Newcomer sparks97 Member

United Kingdom
    thank you for your help, will try tomorrow when my friend bring it around.