Hacking Jap N3DS and US OoT Workarounds discussion.

AdowTatep

OP
Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, I'm in that situation, my New 3DS is Japanese and i have a US Ocarina of Time, so i though in open a discussion about what to do, and to know what you guys will do in that situation.

I'm thinking in sell my Japanese N3DS for 400 dollars and with that money i can buy one in here, but i don't know how to sell in e-bay, so i'm afraid of doing something wrong. And you guys?

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just buy the game (zelda Oot) because you have a high risk of getting a system over 9.2

Edit: Sorry you need the JAPAN version of the game and there's nothing you do about it

AdowTatep

OP
Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have an old 3DS you don't need the save dongle. You could just borrow one from a friend.
And well I'll sell the game when there will be a way to enter gateway mode without the game.

But you japanese game won't work with the other 3DS isn't? i have other, but the other one is us

maikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it confirmed to be working though ?

save dongle + jap OOT would cost almost the same as a new gateway.

don't want to be stuck with yet another paperweight.

Miafey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I were you I probably wouldn't rush.

It'll just be a matter of time until either GW or someone else works out a way of flash the system/game without requirement extra hardware. Plus you can always get a sky3DS to at least start playing some games. Is it really worth the trouble/efforts/money at this stage?

maikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It'll just be a matter of time until either GW or someone else works out a way of flash the system/game without requirement extra hardware. Beside you can always get a sky3DS to at least start playing some games. Is it really worth the trouble/efforts/money at this stage?

Doubt that it will be anytime soon and I don't want to spend months waiting again.

and Sky3DS isn't an option unfortunately since we have a JP N3DS.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to buy a japanese copy of the game for it to work on a japanese N3DS. If you don't want to sell that console and buy a new one you have two choices. Choice 1: wait until people get it to launch with sky with japanese roms. There is another thread where people are trying this. Choice 2: wait until the people who bought japanese copies (like me, Madao64 and Sonicx64) receive their copies and report.

Reactions: AdowTatep

AdowTatep

OP
Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil

It'll just be a matter of time until either GW or someone else works out a way of flash the system/game without requirement extra hardware. Plus you can always get a sky3DS to at least start playing some games. Is it really worth the trouble/efforts/money at this stage?

The problem is: Gateway promised their N3DS "soon" in november, thei just released it on this year, who knows how much time it will take this to happen?

maikaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to buy a japanese copy of the game for it to work on a japanese N3DS. If you don't want to sell that console and buy a new one you have two choices. Choice 1: wait until people get it to launch with sky with japanese roms. There is another thread where people are trying this. Choice 2: wait until the people who bought japanese copies (like me, Madao64 and Sonicx64) receive their copies and report.

keep us updated then. :yaynds:

Miafey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doubt that it will be anytime soon and I don't want to spend months waiting again.

and Sky3DS isn't an option unfortunately since we have a JP N3DS.

Don't understand why Sky3DS is not an option - I have a JP N3DS as well. It just means you'll have download ROMs of JP 3DS games. But apart from some RPG games which you'll need to understand dialogues in order to make any sense of them, most games are pretty self-explanatory really. Language is not really a barrier.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
The problem is: Gateway promised their N3DS "soon" in november, thei just released it on this year, who knows how much time it will take this to happen?

I would suggest you to NOT buy the JP OoT yet. Check out this thread...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-use-oot-exploit-on-sky3ds-non-working-carts.383581/

People are making strides and there have been confirmation of making it work on a Sky3DS. There were at least a couple of people in that thread who have Jap N3DS and am sure by tomorrow they'll have it working.

So wait until tomorrow and check out that thread. Post in that thread with your situation, and if those two guys with Jap N3DS get it working with their Sky3DS, I would suggest you to get a Sky3DS than a ridiculously priced OoT :)

Your chances will improve drastically as with a Sky3DS and a JP OoT rom, you can boot into Gateway or in the future you can boot Karl3DS CFW and basically have REGIONFREE SKY3DS.

Now that's what I call an absolute win situation :)

Miafey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Well, I believe now that the update is released by GW, GW would under more pressure to work on an alternative, especially after it was discovered that sky3DS could be used to replace the OoT+dongle combination - after all, seeing that their hard work is just boosting the competitor's sale is not that satisfactory.

I myself do not really care GW or Sky as long as they work. At the moment I'm happy that Sky is working - of course it'll be great to have choices but because nothing's really hanging on that I could probably be more patient than others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended