Jap N3DS and US OoT Workarounds discussion.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AdowTatep, Mar 12, 2015.

1. AdowTatep
    OP

AdowTatep GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Hi guys, I'm in that situation, my New 3DS is Japanese and i have a US Ocarina of Time, so i though in open a discussion about what to do, and to know what you guys will do in that situation.

I'm thinking in sell my Japanese N3DS for 400 dollars and with that money i can buy one in here, but i don't know how to sell in e-bay, so i'm afraid of doing something wrong. And you guys?

2. andre104623

andre104623 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
    just buy the game (zelda Oot) because you have a high risk of getting a system over 9.2

Edit: Sorry you need the JAPAN version of the game and there's nothing you do about it

3. Kylecito

Kylecito eats warnings for breakfast

May 6, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Think less, purchase more. Prices will only go up

4. Aymericard

Aymericard Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    France
    Lille
    I ordered the Japanese game on nippon-yasan for 36€. Now I just have to wait and pray for it to work.

5. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Dollar is 3 times more expensive in here than in november last year and it's just going up, i can't buy anymore

6. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    But i'll need to pay more money, and a savedongle

7. Aymericard

Aymericard Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    France
    Lille
    If you have an old 3DS you don't need the save dongle. You could just borrow one from a friend.
    And well I'll sell the game when there will be a way to enter gateway mode without the game.

8. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    But you japanese game won't work with the other 3DS isn't? i have other, but the other one is us

9. maikaru

maikaru Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2015
    Does it confirmed to be working though ?

save dongle + jap OOT would cost almost the same as a new gateway.

don't want to be stuck with yet another paperweight.

10. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    that's exactly why i'm thinking in sell my jpn 3ds an buy a us one

11. maikaru

maikaru Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2015
    looks like it could work with old us 3ds according to the other thread.

Oh screw you gateway.

but at least it works...though at a price.

12. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    it seems in their video they don't use this method for the exploit, i want to know why they did this

13. Miafey

Miafey Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    If I were you I probably wouldn't rush.

It'll just be a matter of time until either GW or someone else works out a way of flash the system/game without requirement extra hardware. Plus you can always get a sky3DS to at least start playing some games. Is it really worth the trouble/efforts/money at this stage?

14. maikaru

maikaru Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2015
    Doubt that it will be anytime soon and I don't want to spend months waiting again.

and Sky3DS isn't an option unfortunately since we have a JP N3DS.

15. Hkari

Hkari GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    You have to buy a japanese copy of the game for it to work on a japanese N3DS. If you don't want to sell that console and buy a new one you have two choices. Choice 1: wait until people get it to launch with sky with japanese roms. There is another thread where people are trying this. Choice 2: wait until the people who bought japanese copies (like me, Madao64 and Sonicx64) receive their copies and report.

AdowTatep likes this.
  16. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    The problem is: Gateway promised their N3DS "soon" in november, thei just released it on this year, who knows how much time it will take this to happen?

17. maikaru

maikaru Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2015

keep us updated then. :yaynds:

18. Miafey

Miafey Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015

Don't understand why Sky3DS is not an option - I have a JP N3DS as well. It just means you'll have download ROMs of JP 3DS games. But apart from some RPG games which you'll need to understand dialogues in order to make any sense of them, most games are pretty self-explanatory really. Language is not really a barrier.

19. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    I would suggest you to NOT buy the JP OoT yet. Check out this thread...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-use-oot-exploit-on-sky3ds-non-working-carts.383581/

People are making strides and there have been confirmation of making it work on a Sky3DS. There were at least a couple of people in that thread who have Jap N3DS and am sure by tomorrow they'll have it working.

So wait until tomorrow and check out that thread. Post in that thread with your situation, and if those two guys with Jap N3DS get it working with their Sky3DS, I would suggest you to get a Sky3DS than a ridiculously priced OoT :)

Your chances will improve drastically as with a Sky3DS and a JP OoT rom, you can boot into Gateway or in the future you can boot Karl3DS CFW and basically have REGIONFREE SKY3DS.

Now that's what I call an absolute win situation :)

20. Miafey

Miafey Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    Well, I believe now that the update is released by GW, GW would under more pressure to work on an alternative, especially after it was discovered that sky3DS could be used to replace the OoT+dongle combination - after all, seeing that their hard work is just boosting the competitor's sale is not that satisfactory.

I myself do not really care GW or Sky as long as they work. At the moment I'm happy that Sky is working - of course it'll be great to have choices but because nothing's really hanging on that I could probably be more patient than others.