James Cameron Revisiting Pandora Twice This Time.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
LOS ANGELES (October 27, 2010) __ Moving forward with the most anticipated films of the next decade, Fox Filmed Entertainment Chairmen Jim Gianopulos and Tom Rothman announced today that Academy Award®-winning filmmaker James Cameron has agreed to make AVATAR 2 and 3 as his next films.

Cameron, who had always viewed AVATAR as the creation of a new world and mythology, will begin work on the scripts early next year with an eye towards commencing production later in 2011. Cameron will decide if he will shoot the films back-to-back after he completes the scripts, but the release of the first, as yet untitled sequel, is targeted for December 2014, with the third film contemplated for a December 2015 release.

AVATAR 2 & 3 will be produced by Cameron and Jon Landau for Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment.[/p]

Detailed Report Here

Seriously what gives...?? In my opinion, Avatar ripped-off alot from World Of Warcraft and was only visually fascinating, nothing else to it.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamAsh07 said:
Seriously what gives...?? In my opinion, Avatar ripped-off alot from World Of Warcraft and was only visually fascinating, nothing else to it.
Ripped off from WoW?
What?
How does that movie compare to World of Warcraft in any way possible to begin with?

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I guess you haven't noticed much then...the Eywa Tree in Avatar is seen outside Dalaran City clearly.
The waterfall Jake jumps down from is also seen in World Of Warcraft. Though I forgot the exact name of that place. And much more...i'll try to find the article to it and show you.

EDIT:- Sorry if this isn't allowed...here's the link DBlaze

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
WoW movie would be much better tho, and Avatars plot was straightly ripped from pocahontas, a bit different characters but same idea.

DBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamAsh07 said:
I guess you haven't noticed much then...the Eywa Tree in Avatar is seen outside Dalaran City clearly.
The waterfall Jake jumps down from is also seen in World Of Warcraft. Though I forgot the exact name of that place. And much more...i'll try to find the article to it and show you.

EDIT:- Sorry if this isn't allowed...here's the link DBlaze
I do see some things that are the same, but the tree thing is a bit farfetched with the image comparison they used.
floating islands have been around in other games as well so... Mind you, they do not look like the avatar / WoW ones.
But just saying.

And as said, some things were also taking from Pocahontas.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If the first one was a blue retelling of Pochahantus/Dancing with Wolves, what is the plot gonna be in the sequels? If they were capable of being creative, they wouldn't have done a retelling. Me and the gf called pretty much everything in the movie, I called a major plot twist an hour before it happened.

Milk that cash cow, Cameron.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
geminisama said:
I called a major plot twist an hour before it happened.
There were no "plot twists" in the movie. Not sure what you "called".

They attempted to have them, and we called 'em all, but that's not much of an accomplishment if you're intelligent, and not entranced by OOO PRETY GRAFIKS.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if this movie was a rip-off of Pocahontas. Avatar is new and much better.
closedeyes.gif

DBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Veho said:
geminisama said:
They attempted to have them
I dunno, the plot seemed pretty straightforward to me.
The same goes for me, I didn't see any twists or an attempt to do a twist.
Also, calling things on movies nowadays isn't such a hard thing to do, thus it requires little to no effort nor intelligence to do that.

Specially with those straightforward movies like avatar...

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well
I can't wait to watch them both
Even if it is just milking it.
They are milking paranormal activity (they made paranormal entity and PA2) and most people say PA2 SUCKS and PE no one has even heard of.

I hope these movies don't stay on the same moon (pandora) as the first one, at least for the entire plot because I can't see what they have left to do there (maybe the other tribes will play a part again we didn't see much of them).
I bet the humans get pissed and start a full scale war between the races maybe.

EDIT: In fact you could say Nintendo are milking the Mario franchise for all it's worth with all these spin offs and what not.
And sony milking sonic making these new ports and things
But, regardless of whether they are milking them people still enjoy the end product.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China