Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince of Persia?!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wuh? According to G4, he's been confirmed as the lead in Walt Disney's presentation of the motion picture Prince of Persia:

633468873982881157.jpg
(Gemma Arterton right is the female lead)

Don't get me wrong, I think the dude is a great actor, but just not the actor I would think would make a great prince for the movie. Hmm...

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would rather see Robert Downey Jr. as the Prince. In sands of time he was always making jokes and 1 liners that RDJr is really good at doing. As the actual char I would pref someone like Kal Penn. Not because of his skin color but because if he were to get fit I think he would be a great Prince because he still looks fairly young and has been funny in a few movies.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Joujoudoll said:
He's not even persian... They could at least get someone with dark hair and eyes to play a middle eastern prince.

QUOTE(tinymonkeyt @ May 21 2008, 12:57 AM) omg. hes cuteee
lol yeah, maybe he'll get a tan or dye his skin darker
Lol, skin? Persians have pretty light skin you know... Dark hair, yes... however, there are lots of Persians with even lighter hair than this guy.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Xcalibur said:
They should have someone like Sayid from lost or Mohinder from Heroes.
Nah, I don't think the guy playing Mohinder is that good of an actor. But the dude playing Sayid on the other hand would be a good fit (if he works into shape that is)

But i dunno, Jacke Gyllenhaal might be able to pull it of aswell.
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a dude, I don't remember his name, but he was in the first couple of Mummy movies, and he would look great. Plus, he's a fine actor. It's just that Gyllenhaal's facial features are, well, too soft, in my opinion. I think someone with more bold, pronounced facial features, a more stern appearance would be the way to go. Oh well, I guess we'll see how it turns out.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
There was a dude, I don't remember his name, but he was in the first couple of Mummy movies, and he would look great. Plus, he's a fine actor. It's just that Gyllenhaal's facial features are, well, too soft, in my opinion. I think someone with more bold, pronounced facial features, a more stern appearance would be the way to go. Oh well, I guess we'll see how it turns out.

One assumes you're on about the Mummy himself, in which case you mean Arnold Vosloo. The guy's now 46, and he doesn't really look young enough to pull off the Prince of Persia.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0903677/

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Teej said:
irpacynot said:

One assumes you're on about the Mummy himself, in which case you mean Arnold Vosloo. The guy's now 46, and he doesn't really look young enough to pull off the Prince of Persia.

Nah, it was the dude with long hair who befriends Brendan Frasier's character. He had tattoos on his face in the movies.

Here he is: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004912/

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
The Teej said:
irpacynot said:

Nah, it was the dude with long hair who befriends Brendan Frasier's character. He had tattoos on his face in the movies.

Here he is: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004912/
grog.gif
Good pick!

Trophies
XP
Country
I second Oded Fehr! He's the one I've been thinking of ever since plans of a PoP movie were rumored about. Too bad it's not him. He's a bad ass actor IMO, which unfortunately doesn't get enough credit and goes unappreciated... Could you tell I'm a fan? XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu