Jak and Daxter Lost Frontier Gamescom trailer and pics

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Aug 27, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The new Jak and Daxter game received a new cutscene video and some screens at the Gamescom conference this year. Sorry for the late reporting, but this is something I didn't know existed. I'm a big fan of the series myself, Jak and Daxter the original game is one of my favorite platformers! This particular entry in the series is being simultaneously developed on both PS2 and PSP. High Impact Games is developing with the guidance of Naughty Dog. They previously developed Ratchet and Clank Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank, both on PSP and later, PS2.

So without further ado, I present the good stuff-

EDIT- ComicCon gameplay trailer found-

Screenshots assumed to have been taken from the PSP game, although both games will be virtually identical.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many more images can be found here- http://media.psp.ign.com/media/827/827789/imgs_1.html

This game is expected sometime this fall, though no clear date has been announced. The game has some clear design changes from the previous entries in the series. A couple of different voices too. But the gameplay looks the same, and that's all that really matters.

2. toh_yxes

Member toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    This looks really good. Some of the screenshots look good, but this time it looks like they are emphasising more on the vehicle usage, and maybe some more weapons.

Yeah just looked at Wikipedia.
    "It has been said that "60% of it is actually platform including vehicle combat, but 30% is flight. Which gives us 10% to play with some minigames, very similar to the percentege of vechile combat in Jak 3"

3. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I just found a gameplay clip shown at comic con. I posted it in the top post. It shows some of the platforming and combat of the game.

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    PS2/PSP Only? No PS3? Odd. I'll still be picking a copy of this up regardless.

5. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Ahh it's always good to see that there's still some life for ps2, Thanks for the news as always Granville [​IMG]

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    this looks great... meets it predecessors esp the console version movement and action