Jailbreak IPhone 5s with firmware 9.2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by depaul, Jun 17, 2016.

1. depaul
    OP

depaul GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    France
    Hello. I've bought an iphone 5s under the firmware 9.2.1 and I want to jailbreak it.

According to some web pages I installed pangu and raig9 but nothing worked. checked some forums and I discover that isn't jailbreakable (?). Tried to use the app store and this one needs my bank card information in order to complete registration (!?)

Is this phone jailbreakable please? This product sucks really.

Thanks.

2. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    No, there is no jailbreak at the moment. There are teams that HAVE jailbroken it successfully but they are waiting to release it. Why, you may ask?
    So, Apple likes to fix the exploit found in their OS almost immediately after a jailbreak is released. 9.3 will be the last firmware update for iOS, so the teams are waiting for the final stable release of that. Once that is released, the teams will release the jailbreak. We want iOS 9 to be completely "jailbreak-able", so we're waiting for the final iOS 9 release.

Soon though. We will get one soon

EDIT: If you want to use an Apple ID without a credit/debit card, go to a free app and press "Get". A popup will come up asking you to create an Apple ID. Do the registration from there, and once you get to the bank acc. part, select "None"

Last edited by Xanthe, Jun 17, 2016
    depaul likes this.
  3. depaul
    OP

depaul GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    France
    Thanks then may I update to 9.3.2 from settings ?
    Edit : Thanks for the tip I can access apple store now without registering my bank card.

Last edited by depaul, Jun 17, 2016
  4. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    I would not recommend it. If you want a guaranteed jailbreak, the will most likely release it on 9.2.1. There is a chance they will not release one for 9.3.2. My advice is to stay right where you are

#400th message

depaul likes this.
  5. depaul
    OP

depaul GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    France
    Thanks. I must admit Android is much more intuitive I dont' understand all that hype about iphone.

6. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    I prefer Android over iOS. iOS, in my opinion, is very restrictive and could almost be considered a "noob" OS if it isn't jailbroken. I love the customization of Android and how I have greater freedom. I just ordered a Galaxy S7 and I'm hoping it comes soon :P

depaul likes this.
  7. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    (only update when the jailbreak people say so) If a jailbreak DOES come out, make sure you DO NOT do an "over the air" iOS update, update iOS through itunes, for whatever reason jailbreaking doesn't usually work if you do an "over the air" update without itunes.

depaul and Xanthe like this.
  8. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    There is actually a very slim possibility that a mobile jailbreak will be released. Highly doubt it, however, considering the person who developed and found the exploit refuses to release it....Why? Scumbag I suppose?

depaul likes this.
  9. lefthandsword

lefthandsword GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Hong Kong
    root
    I have an iPT 6G jailbroken on 9.1, but I'm unsure whenever I should stay or update to 9.3.2 and wait for a new JB (lots of 0-days are revealed recently) before Apple stops signing it.

Not a fan of the oversized fonts in iOS 10 as it looks like it's only designed with 6/6+/iPad in mind, plus the usual slowdown and bugs that accompany every x.0 releases from Apple.

Last edited by lefthandsword, Jun 18, 2016