Jai McDowall Lifts Britains Got Talent 2011 Winners Tag

SamAsh07

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,696
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Bahrain
XP
581
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
254857-jai-mcdowall-beats-ronan-parke-to-become-first-scot-to-win-britains-got-talent-280x157.jpg

Jai McDowall has defied the odds and won Britain’s Got Talent 2011, beating bookies favourite Ronan Parke.The 24 year old blew the judges away with his confident, yet understated performance of To Where You Are. Amanda Holden said he was the “dark horse of this competition” and she was right.

The care worker was completely shocked when his name was announced as the winner.
He said: “I can’t believe it. It’s amazing, thank you so much.” 12 year old singer Ronan Parke, a favourite amongst the judges, was second and boyband New Bounce were third. [/p]

Source

Funny no one posted this, I live in Bahrain and started following Britains Got Talent from this season onwards and right from the Auditions, my favorites were Razy Gogonea, Edward Reid, Jai McDowalll & Michael Moral.

Congratulations to Jai McDowall
yay.gif
 

SamAsh07

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,696
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Bahrain
XP
581
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Oh come on he was really good
yay.gif


Ronan was being too much Favorited by Simon and Amanda which I don't like in any reality shows tbh, IDK why...that's just me lol, can't wait for his Royal Variety Performance.
 

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
832
Trophies
0
Location
England
Website
Visit site
XP
113
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Oh come on he was really good
yay.gif


Ronan was being too much Favorited by Simon and Amanda which I don't like in any reality shows tbh, IDK why...that's just me lol, can't wait for his Royal Variety Performance.
Not to mention he makes Justin Bieber look straight..
 

SamAsh07

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,696
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Bahrain
XP
581
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Leo Cantus said:
SamAsh07 said:
Oh come on he was really good
yay.gif


Ronan was being too much Favorited by Simon and Amanda which I don't like in any reality shows tbh, IDK why...that's just me lol, can't wait for his Royal Variety Performance.
Not to mention he makes Justin Bieber look straight..
Shit man, right on target
rofl.gif


But on a serious note, not to take away anything from the kid, he has a great voice and his audition was mind-blowing, had he sung that in the final, he would've won.
 

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
832
Trophies
0
Location
England
Website
Visit site
XP
113
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Leo Cantus said:
SamAsh07 said:
Oh come on he was really good
yay.gif


Ronan was being too much Favorited by Simon and Amanda which I don't like in any reality shows tbh, IDK why...that's just me lol, can't wait for his Royal Variety Performance.
Not to mention he makes Justin Bieber look straight..
Shit man, right on target
rofl.gif


But on a serious note, not to take away anything from the kid, he has a great voice and his audition was mind-blowing, had he sung that in the final, he would've won.
Agreed, and Jai was amazing, but the whole of Scotland must of voted for him.
 

SamAsh07

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,696
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Bahrain
XP
581
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yep, good to see a Scottish win
yay.gif


I still think Edward Reid should've been in the final instead of Steven Hall....I wanted to hear an Edward Reid rendition of Happy Birthday song lol.
 

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
2,784
Trophies
0
Age
25
Location
United Kingdom
XP
842
Country
The fact that the TOP 3 were ALL singing acts is crap to me. If you want to sing go on X factor or something, it's meant to be a variety show not a bloody singing or dancng show which most of the acts seem to be. I would much prefer someone with a unique ability / entertainment win. Like Razy Gogonea, Edward Reid or David and Karen (magic act).
Out of the finalists though I think it should have been either Razy Gogonea or Les Gibson.
 

SamAsh07

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,696
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Bahrain
XP
581
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wizerzak said:
The fact that the TOP 3 were ALL singing acts is crap to me. If you want to sing go on X factor or something, it's meant to be a variety show not a bloody singing or dancng show which most of the acts seem to be. I would much prefer someone with a unique ability / entertainment win. Like Razy Gogonea, Edward Reid or David and Karen (magic act).
Out of the finalists though I think it should have been either Razy Gogonea or Les Gibson.
I agree on Razy Gogonea but Les Gibson messed up today and that resulted in his loss, otherwise he was a strong contender for the title too.
 

Acetic Orcein

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
169
Trophies
0
Location
Earth
XP
213
Country
As long as moo face annoying Ronan didn't win, I'm happy.

Once his voice breaks, he's screwed. He's a great singer for a kid! but his voice is way too immature and girly. He'll just be another Justin Bieber- except without a fan base.

I liked the guy on the piano
smile.gif

Pure talent can never win though...
 

SamAsh07

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
2,696
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Bahrain
XP
581
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Not only tech related stuff is regarded as "news" here. You know what news means in general don't you? That is what's applied in this section of GBAtemp
smile.gif


And this is news worthy, since it's one of the biggest reality shows.
 

antwill

Better Than You
Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2006
Messages
1,023
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Australia
Website
Visit site
XP
146
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Not only tech related stuff is regarded as "news" here. You know what news means in general don't you? That is what's applied in this section of GBAtemp
smile.gif


And this is news worthy, since it's one of the biggest reality shows.
You know its funny you seem to think your pompous reply would make any difference. Yes I know and never stated that it was only tech related, but it is not the biggest reality show, and even so it is just related to britain, not the world. And in any case it's a reality show, who cares who won?! (Besides you and relevant people who have watched this crap in Britain?) What, should we start posting in the news section whenever someone wins any reality show, contest, lottery?
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well when my Wii is broke, I might need some emotional support lol