Jagex proposes a return of the 2007 version of Runescape.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Sterling, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Hey there GBAtemp, I know many of you have played Runescape at some point in time. I also know an equal amount of you that hate Runescape with a blazing passion. Whether that be from pure prejudice or some dissatisfaction the "new" Runescape has brought about. Well, those of you who have fond memories of the good 'ole days of Runescape back in 2007, you'd better make your voice heard. The next weekly poll for members will go live on the 15th and the subject this time is a doozy.

[​IMG] Source

Well, I don't know about the rest of GBAtemp, but I continue to enjoy Runescape to this day. I've been contemplating getting another membership and this is the perfect excuse to do so. I'm all for more of the game to be available and I remember 2007 with good memories.

2. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    I'm enjoying RuneScape, I don't have too many complaints about the EOC system. There are some imbalances currently (like level 90 weapons only for melee) but it addresses the issues where many people would not use better gear (like nex) when fighting the toughest monsters. I used God war equivalents and sometime even things like the fighter torso no matter what I did. This also allows the game to expand to harder monsters and better equipment.

The abilities are pretty interesting too. I have 99 melee skills, 99 magic, almost 92 range. One of the range abilities is the ricochet shot which targets surrounding people. It's pretty decent to kill things amazingly fast. I have been doing dungeoneering quite a lot (got my first 200k tokens) and the eoc made it pretty cool to go through.

Of course, what interests me is probably different from most people, so I can't speak for everyone.

3. Sterling
    OP

United States
    EoC was a pretty cool update. I have no qualms with it.

Ammako likes this.
  4. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I haven't touched it in forever. I mean I still think back to the days when I had fun with it, and I contemplate on going back to it again, but then I always think of how much I hate the current runescape and how much of a mess it is. Before it was nice and simple, but not so much anymore.

I don't even know if my friend canceled my membership, hopefully he did.

Also, Jagex, bring back classic slime wars you bastards

5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I fiddled around with a bit when I was younger, but it was pretty dull all around. The only thing it really had going for it was the lack of a price tag. Otherwise, it's the epitome of "Eh" in game form - there's no Rune-escaping that fact.

6. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    The hours I burned into Runescape... good times, good times.
    I think I spent weeks just trying to level up my mining level to 99.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  7. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Heh, 2007? What was so cool about that year in runescape? Serious question, I played before it was even officially released, thanks to knowing some mods on Castle Games Domain, when that was a thing. Old school runescape was some of the most fun I had in an MMO, open world PVP, where I could actually smash some annoying fuck's shit in, take his loot, and never hear from him again.

8. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    Not to be Simon Cowell or anything, but recently your quality has been lacking... reminds me of Square Enix.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  9. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I know. I'm Rune-scraping from the bottom of the barrel.

Perfect example right there.

324atk and Ammako like this.
  10. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Wow... last time I played this was in 2004 :o I liked it back then... now I've lost interest in it, MMO's just aren't for me.

11. zachtheninja

Member zachtheninja Honorary Ninja

United States
    I think you Rune'd that joke...

12. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Apparently skills have changed a huge amount since 2007. The "old school" RS can be dated to roughly 2007 and then there were quite a few changes. Found an interesting thread related to it (Link).

Stopped playing ages ago and tried it again a few years back. Found out my character had been hacked.. I managed to get it reseted with help from a friend who was a player mod at the time. Lost all my stuff -among them a blue party hat- in the game and haven't gotten back to it since. I doubt I ever will since my time is limited and the game is storywise a bit generic (though the quests did have quite a few interesting features and problems!). The game was fantastic in the days, but don't know about the current game :3

13. narutofan777

Member narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Afghanistan
    hahahahahaahahghghghahahahaha. so jagex admit they @#$@$%ed up this time. runescape has been dying since eoc.

eoc is garbage. it has so many bugs/glitches and they don't even listen to the players. people kept saying eoc wasn't ready, eoc wasn't good. the people knew what was wrong... you lousy pfffftt

for like 10 days I went to the RS forum reading people's complaints, i found out= :gun: jagex is dum13.

I won't be coming back to rs, since its dying. my clan came back after several months of inactivity before eoc came. the day it came my friends never logged back in runescape. I didn't even get to say good bye or say some meaningful crap. :cry: there was no warning...I played for like a month after eoc and never saw em' log back in.

#$@#@#%# jagex. :angry:

14. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    I believe they may have underestimated the power of the internet with those 4 levels. 750,000 shouldn't be TOO hard if this is spread around enough.

15. Sterling
    OP

United States
    Members only vote BTW.

@Narutofan: No, they're making this separate from the main game to try to cater to people such as yourself. TBH, I'm glad you're gone. Such an attitude stifles proper change and development.

gamefan5, Qtis, Ammako and 2 others like this.
  16. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Wow, looks like they ran out of ideas. They're really Runescraping the bottom of the barrel here.

17. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    I've never heard of a MMO company bringing back an older version.. I mean, I've seen it suggested a lot by sore old players, but never seen it considered by the development team.

18. ShadowSoldier

Canada

...I think I just heard an echo in this thread...

2ndApex and Ammako like this.
  19. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Fuck I need to get new friends.

Castiel and Gahars like this.
  20. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    I was never sure whether it was rune-scape or run-escape

It's that bad