OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JabberDS
Jabber client for DS
%5B1731%5Djabberds.PNG

theli has released a beta version of his Jabber (GoogleTalk) client for the DS. It supports multi-user chats and contact list editing. All settings are stored and must be manually changed in the "jabberds.xml" file located in the "data" folder. Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
hm ... you can actually use some public aol/icq transport/gateway with jabber/gtalk ....
though there is no opportunity currently to directly use xmpp.oscar.aol.com for now ... i have no tls/ssl (that server requires it) support in jabberds yet ... and xmpp.oscar.aol.com is unstable i think

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do people actually use these programs? Does no one have a cell phone or some other truly mobile device that can connect to chat networks? What situation could someone possibly be in that they are near a wifi access point but are not in a cell service area?

Not to mention that typing on the DS sucks horribly.

Cimi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How we can use this with googletalk?

Remember guys that we can use Jabber/Googletalk to talk with MSN, ICQ guys... So we can consider this as an MSN client or ICQ...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people actually use these programs? Does no one have a cell phone or some other truly mobile device that can connect to chat networks? What situation could someone possibly be in that they are near a wifi access point but are not in a cell service area?

What if your cell phone service charges money for all data transfer, including IM services? And personally I find typing on a traditional cell phone to be horrendous, even with some of the predictive text input systems available now.

theli

Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country

remember that most of homebrew is written for the sake of programmer's experience and fun
wink.gif

it's a hobby you know ..
lecture.gif

falvarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I'm just trying JabberDS, I've configured my GMail account, but it seems to hang when Connecting to AP. Besides, I have Wifi Connection configured as I can play online.

Green light on the DS is flashing slowlier (more as when NDS is suspended) than when playing online (when it flashes twice).

Is there any other thing I must configure.

Thanks in advance, best regards and congratulations for this great and useful piece of homebrew.

falvarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I'm just trying JabberDS, I've configured my GMail account, but it seems to hang when Connecting to AP. Besides, I have Wifi Connection configured as I can play online.

Green light on the DS is flashing slowlier (more as when NDS is suspended) than when playing online (when it flashes twice).

Is there any other thing I must configure.

Thanks in advance, best regards and congratulations for this great and useful piece of homebrew.

I'm answering myself.

The problem was that the SSID was hidden. Once I revealed it, started to work.

Regards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality