Gaming Izuna series

Shifty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are the two Izuna games any good? I heard it gained a cult following despite rather average reviews.6

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
haflore said:
If you're into Rouglikes(Shiren The Wanderer, Nethack, Powder etc.) then yeah, it can be loads of fun.
*roguelikes. The best example of a good roguelike is Rogue (duh!
wink.gif
)

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
haflore said:
If you're into Rouglikes(Shiren The Wanderer, Nethack, Powder etc.) then yeah, it can be loads of fun.
*roguelikes. The best example of a good roguelike is Rogue (duh!
wink.gif
)
Fair enough, I put a wiki link for Rogue now.

EDIT: Yeah..Sorry about the spelling thing, I suck with certain words.
dry.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ROGUE! Please, read more carefully next time! -_-

Anyways, ontopic: yes, the games are definitely good. They can become slightly repetitive after a while, but not to an extent as to say they become boring
biggrin.gif

Shifty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I haven't really played a rogue-like before, though I can imagine that I'll like it. I've watch a few streams of Japanese people playing the Super Famicom Shiren games, and I liked what I saw. I was going to pick up Shiren the Wanderer for Wii, but I heard it totally sucks compared to the other Shiren games. Guess I'll give Izuna a try, and maybe Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer for the DS aswell.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There's 2 (or 3) Shiren the Wanderer games for the DS, although I'm not sure if they've all been translated yet. I'm sure you've played a roguelike before though, cos Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is a roguelike too.

Shifty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, I haven't played a Pokemon game since I was 13. Was planning on buying Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Black/White and Pokemon Ranger 3, whenever the two latter gets released outside Japan.

Only Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer, which is the original Shiren game for Super Famicom has been released outside Japan.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will always use the term "dungeon crawler" but anyway unless you want to drive yourself nuts I would avoid shiren the wanderer,cause once you die you have to start all over....

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried a pokemon mystery dungeon game once, and I found it reaaally boring :/ I think I prefer RPGs with more story to flat-out dungeon crawlers where you're just constantly grinding... >_>

Havent tried the Izuna game/s, but apparently it's really hard.

Shifty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
InuYasha said:
I will always use the term "dungeon crawler" but anyway unless you want to drive yourself nuts I would avoid shiren the wanderer,cause once you die you have to start all over....

That's kinda the whole point
rolleyes.gif

The Wii Shiren got slaughtered because you could just continue on the same level with the same items and equipment you had when you died.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
yes....izuna and shiren are CRAZY HARD!

especially shiren...when you die you lose your ALL YOUR LEVELS AND ITEMS!!! IT'S LIKE BEGINNING A NEW GAME EVERYTIME YOU LOSE!!!ARGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

izuna is much more forgiving...you only lose your items lol
the point of the game is to go in a dungeon,gain a few levels,die,go back in,go a bit deeper this time and gain a few more levels then die.
repeat until you've beaten the dungeon.

I know it doesn't sound so thrilling but it's actually quite a good system for that kind of game...I propably would have beaten it if my sd card didn't get corrupted and lost the save.grr...
to bored to go through the same dungeons atm...

on top of that, "izuna is hot teenage ninja with huge boobs"
an in-game character actually says that sentence lol
I think it's in the 2nd game
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: