ixtreme_v1.6_nostealth- wave 4 and non stealth games support

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by FAST6191, Dec 27, 2009.

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Arakon (one of the admins over at xboxhacker.org) posted a thread which has links to a hacked version of iextreme that is

"Patched to always act like if activate.iso was inserted, so blindly loads PFI DMI SS and goes on."

Links here are a bit sketchy so I am going to opt out of it here (I have not checked xbins yet).

I will be posting back as soon as I know anything; I am presently pulling my 360 apart to try it out (I have keys, flashing tools and wave 4 games to test it with).

Note though nostealth is as the name implies without any of the stealth protection afforded by the more recent iextreme firmwares- ABGX360 users though should be good.

Directory contents:
    Code:
    ix16-benq_nostealth.bin
    ix16-liteon-repack_nostealth.bin
    ix16-liteon838_nostealth.bin
    ix16-samsung_nostealth.bin
    note.txt
    template_ix16-liteon83850V2_nostealth.bin
    template_ix16-liteon93450_nostealth.bin

2. FAST6191
    OP

pip
    United Kingdom
    Mark it- confirmed working.

7 series liteon now playing GTA L&D/ Ballad of Gay Tony.

Edit: my usual clumsy flashing process of many tools and messing around but firmtool made my hacked firmware today.
    Dosflash32 erased my drive and jungleflasher wrote it (it was all being a pain). Naturally I already had keys and the like.

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Why are Hitachis always forgotten about?

I have a damn Hitachi :|

This firmware is pretty useful if you're already banned and aren't going to care about stealths anymore.

4. FAST6191
    OP

pip
    United Kingdom
    The Hitachi version of Iextreme 1.51 can already boot wave 4 games and beyond though raulpica and it is not like it is hard to use abgx360 to bash an iso in to "working" shape for the other checks.

The reason they never get updates though is that there are loads of versions of it.

Others reading I will echo raulpica's last line; this is not safe but for those with an already banned or otherwise offline 360 have at it.
    It is probably not a good thing to use on an unbanned 360 if you care about live as the reason a quick 1.61 version was not made was because it appeared the firmwares as they existed could have been detected- this is what the LT firmware fork/rework is aiming for but as people will tell you it does not exist.

Anyhow now to pull it apart, I trained myself to hack older firmwares/drives over the last few days and I want to see what was done here.

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Well, right, but 1.61 is probably safer than 1.51, and it kinda buggers me having to use a older version.

I just flashed a Hitachi with 1.51 two weeks ago, worked great with AC2 (which is Wave4, iirc).

6. soulfire

Member soulfire gear... secando

Netherlands
    fast maybe you can make a tutorial or something how to install this new firmware

7. FAST6191
    OP

pip
    United Kingdom
    Tutorial is the same as any other hacked DVD firmware other than jungleflasher may throw a bit of a hissy at not having a known firmware when you are making/spoofing it. In those cases you can just use firmtool instead.
    Firmtool NFO (it is on xbins)
    http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1688.nfo

8. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    only the liteon firmware is new, samsung can use xtreme 5.3 and benq can use the 1.4 nonstealth to play all games.

my friends with banned liteon will be happy, no more activate disc [​IMG]