iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New "unbannable" firmware for xbox samsung drives is out...

(v1.0) Defeats all current and some future Xbox Live detection attempts
(v1.0) Boots ONLY Stealth Xtreme Xbox 360 backups
(v1.0) Boots ONLY Stealth Xtreme Xbox 1 backups
(v1.0) Boots all Xbox 360 originals
(v1.0) Boots all Xbox 1 originals on Xbox 360

Use on Xbox Live at own risk!!

More info here:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=605805

Tutorial for flashing your drive here:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=601501

How who's going to take the plunge and be the gbatemp guinea pig? Not I!

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this "work-around" confirmed or have they just speculated on what causes bannings?

I'm buying a new 360 soon...
Were you banned?
ohmy.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Lol, I love how everyone says "Microsoft has been outsmarted! lolololol!". Doesn't everyone realise that Microsoft has just left a select few unbanned to see what they'll do next?

MS gathered various XBOX IDs for ages, instead of just banning them individually. This'll fail soon, too.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not necessarily. what makes you so sure that this firmware wont work?

I have been following the 360 scene for a while and from what I know of this new firmware, its about as close to emulating original games with backups as possible.

On the technical side of things, there is just about nothing they can do now to tell if you're running a backup. Every base has been covered from the scarce info I know of this new firmware. That mentions another fact: he hasnt said exactly what checks he has put in place, unlike the previous firmwares where he let the cat out of the bag and gave MS a place to start when trying to look for backups.

As it is, he has been monitoring every command sent to and from the xboxes and is sure he has circumvented any checks microsoft has when you connect to live. Ive seen the logs, he can see exactly where microsoft is requesting sectors or such from the DVD drive, and has circumvented these to make backups look original. Apparently he covered a lot of bases for the future too, even though Microsoft wasn't using them to detect right now.

It may be too soon to jump around scream ing that MS has been outsmarted, but I'll tell ya one thing: the only possibility is that microsoft engineers must be pretty dang good if they have actually found a new way to detect backups or modified firmware that C4eva didnt already cover. Saying that they have without any info is tantamount to undue paranoia. And we know that microsoft engineers arent very smart with what happened with the first xbox. If you want to know exactly why I say this, then check this link out:

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/17_Mistakes...Security_System

Engineers who make that many mistakes and screw up as much as they did are almost certainly not smart enough to know of a base that c4eva hasnt accounted for.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
New "unbannable" firmware for xbox samsung drives is out...

Use on Xbox Live at own risk!!

Am I the only one that finds that pretty funny
tongue.gif

I agree with you. I don't think that it's unbannable, plus it is not certain what microsoft is checking for. This new firmware just eliminates some of the probable checks that microsoft is doing. There will always be a probability that you will get banned, you take the risks when you hack the firmware.

fintendo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Ok. I'll be the guinea pig...
I flashed to iXtreme yesterday and haven't been banned. I definitely think MS is detecting the "non-stealth" backups and ban xboxes accordingly. Mine are all "stealth" and thus was never banned using Xtreme 5.2.
Of course MS might have something up to its sleeve but I highly doubt it.

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the technical side of things, there is just about nothing they can do now to tell if you're running a backup. Every base has been covered from the scarce info I know of this new firmware. That mentions another fact: he hasnt said exactly what checks he has put in place, unlike the previous firmwares where he let the cat out of the bag and gave MS a place to start when trying to look for backups.

You sound very self-righteous but if you really are such a scener where are your technical details...? *clink*

I hear microsoft are/or are going to start logging the "jitter" from the games people are using, obviously DVD-R's are going to generate a shite load more jitter than pressed media and I don't see a way around this because anything you do to hide it will stick out like a red banana.

Edit:

QUOTEhttp://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/17_Mistakes...Security_System

These flaws apply to the original xbox, and you should know, being down with tha skene that Microsoft didn't implement a big part of their security system in the 360. The 360 uses a hypervisor environment like the PS3 does, and I believe it's based on Xen. The flaws in the original Xbox were mostly hardware hang overs like the A20 gate still being present, the crappy algorithm used for the secret rom mumbo was a classic copy 'n paste cock up . Microsoft have done something right this time.. the hypervisor makes it pretty hard to exploit anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol