Gaming iXtreme 1.61 due by the end of the month

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't post the source since its a warez site but Modcontrol states that on IRC C4eva said that Ixtreme 1.61 will be released by the end of this month.

In German:
QUOTE said:
Commodore4eva soll im IRC verkündet haben, das die erwartete iXtreme Firmware 1.61, so wird sie heißen, im Laufe der nächsten Woche für die Xbox 360 Ben-Q, Lite-On und Samsung Laufwerke erscheinen wird. Da ein solcher Release aufgrund der Wave 4 Problematik nicht ausgeschlossen ist, ist davon auszugehen, dass diese Aussage vom 360 Laufwerkshacker persönlich wohl tatsächlich stimmt. Ob sich im Paket des iXtreme 1.61 Releases auch Firmwarefiles für die neuen, noch nicht gehackten Lite-On Revisionen befinden ist unklar.

Translation basically says that C4eva has confirmed that the new firmware will be called 1.61 and that it will be out next week, if not then definitely by the end of this month.

The actual message on IRC was:
QUOTE14:10 IRC:
c4eva:\ixtreme 1.61 Yes thats its name, will be the out by next week
or the end of the month it all depends on how i feels...

Woop, looks I'll be playing Modern Warfare 2 after all.
biggrin.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We do not know for certain but given tekken is wave 4, a good chunk of releases big and small are too and we are looking at a just over 3 week wait until street date it is a very good bet.

As I understand it games have a given wave and all games mastered after a certain date (it is on the disc, ABGX360 will tell you) will be of a given wave but there are a few outlying games, this is the reason for the lines from the iextreme release notes:

"Strict Wave 3 compliance means wave 3 games will only boot if they have correct PFI/DMI/SS and timestamp for wave 3
Game exceptions are integrated in the fw for games that do not comply with the strict wave checks but are legitimate. These are Dance Dance Revolution Universe, Stoked, Ping 17 disk, afro samurai"

from
http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1712.nfo

Looks like I will be back with a 360 news post in the morning as well.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodgod said:
I see no reason to update from 1.5.1 till thats out. It's not like I have time to play games ATM

I wish they would release the new firmware since a few of the games I Have such as Tekken 6, Fairytale Fights, and Grand Theft Auto Liberty City are wave 4. I would never use that patch method since that gets you banned from XBOX Live

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
Bloodgod said:
I see no reason to update from 1.5.1 till thats out. It's not like I have time to play games ATM

I wish they would release the new firmware since a few of the games I Have such as Tekken 6, Fairytale Fights, and Grand Theft Auto Liberty City are wave 4. I would never use that patch method since that gets you banned from XBOX Live

Using the activate disc now to play wave 4 is just as safe as 1.61 will be when it comes out.

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I totally lost. I don't know if I should get a 360 from walmart, risking it be non moddable? Or should I just use my $100 giftcard to get MW2 and wait it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1