iWBFS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dead_r0us, Apr 22, 2011.

Apr 22, 2011

iWBFS by dead_r0us at 3:14 PM (1,136 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. dead_r0us
    OP

Newcomer dead_r0us Newbie

United States
    Hello all,

Im joining this forum because i thought my new app might be useful to some. Recently i was trying to format my usb to wbfs on mac and found it near impossible without using command line. Mac WBFS 3.0 didn't work for me at all anymore, so i decided to make my own wrapper for the WIT, WWT, and WBFS shell scripts. its completely functional but beta still as i finish some things on it. Im including a screen shot only right now so i dont get hated on for spamming. if there is a significant amount of interest i will release it as the beta now, or i will do it when its fully functional. Either way looking forward to what the community thinks!

[​IMG]

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    I do not own a mac so I do not know if FAT32 is support with that OS, so now I ask why not use WBFS extension instead of partitioning the the drive to WBFS format?

3. overlord00

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    fat32 support is most definably in the OS.
    This project however, seem like a step in the opposite direction, with fat32 and ntfs support already here, there would be no need for a wii only usable format.

but kudos for you for going out there and doing this.

4. dead_r0us
    OP

United States
    Well, im pretty new to the whole WBFS thing, but from what i can see, partitioning a volume to fat32, fatEX, or NTFC and partitioning it works fine. Could some one explain in greater detail why this would be an issue?

Also i dont know what OS the wii has supported ntfs for but i havent updated in a while (brewed' with bannerbomb when it first was released) and had no luck with those partitioned formats.

5. kylster

United States
    The best format for wii is FAT32 cluster size= 32kb. This format supports homebrew & .wbfs extension. You can use WiiBackupManager (found on the forums here) to convert .iso to .wbfs(2GB file split). Loaders such as CFG, WiiFlow, USB Loader GX all support this format as well. WBFS extension is the same as having a WBFS formatted drive with the exection that it's FAT32 compatible so no need to change over the whole drive, also you have access to more recovery tools unlike with a WBFS formatted drive [​IMG]

The Wii does support NTFS but no support for homebrew.

6. dead_r0us
    OP

United States
    thanks, that was veri helpful. so would it be safe to say a more helpful tool would be converting iso to wbfs and vice versa? if thats the case, im in luck cause functionality for wbfs file conversion is already built in!

7. kylster

United States
    yeah .iso to .wbfs is definitely a better choice [​IMG] also if your interested in going the emulated nand route they are trying to make a new sneek/uneek build that will also support .wbfs, so in a way .wbfs extension is universal [​IMG]