I've tried everything to get Star Fox 64 on my Wii, but no luck. H

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gigasguy, Nov 19, 2011.

1. gigasguy
    OP

gigasguy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    Before I got Homebrew and all, I downloaded the game using the Wii Shop Channel. Every time I use the .wad file, I get error ret=-1022. I have tried it with .wad files from 3 different sources, so I do not believe it is the .wad file itself (though it still could be I suppose). When I select the Wii Shop Channel, it asks me to update my Wii. I currently have system version 4.3Wan and don't wish to update it. So I used WiiSCU and installed the two IOS as well as update the Wii Shop Channel update. But when I start up my wii again and go to the Wii Shop Channel, it still asks me to update my Wii. If I could get some help on either/both installing Star Fox 64 and/or getting Wii Shop Channel, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    To get back your Wii Shop Channel, you have to use Priiloader's "Block Channel Updates" function. As for the WAD of SF64, you may need to get a certain CIOS patch, iirc?

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Maybe it was corrupt or incomplete... Or could be a damaged card. Make sure your SD/USB isn't corrupt.

4. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Rehack using modmii, make sure you choose a vulnerable ios to install your wads with. e.g. 236, 222

5. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    A crappy version of WAD Manager?

6. Dter ic

Dter ic ~

Feb 19, 2009
    you can use MMM (Multi-Mod Manager) to Install your wads on a vunerable ios (with the reload to other ios menu)

7. ineedhelpbad

ineedhelpbad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago IL USA
    This might help you. I had the same problem.

8. Ninjamohawk

Ninjamohawk Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    IOS249 still returns the error -1022

9. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I second this. If he's using an older version of WAD Manager then he may not have compatible IOSes.