I've Messed up and need a little help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SolidMetal, Apr 20, 2009.

Apr 20, 2009
  1. SolidMetal
    OP

Newcomer SolidMetal Advanced Member

United States
    Ok i tried to install another usb loader which needed a the ios rev10 and could not get it to work so i thought i would just uninstall that along with the ios rev10 and just stick with the one that worked.
    well after i did that i could not get back into the homebrew channel, it just takes me back to the wii channel menu? so i just tried to use my backup loader from the wii channel and that won't work now?

i need a little help here, can i just wipe my sd card then clear the channels on my wii and re-do the TP hack from the start?

i really need some help quick before i go ahead and really mess things up, oh and i can still play origional games.

Thanks in advance

2. Kosaic

Member Kosaic GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    remove the Homebrew Channel , and run the TP hack again ...

Should be fine after that.

3. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Keep in mind that rev10 installs OVER rev9, so if you just outright deleted rev10, you need to reinstall rev9, because you no longer have it on your system. Also, did you have the latest version of rev10? The initial release was broken, but was fixed within a day... perhaps you had the broken one and should try downloading another copy of rev10. Also, what Kosaic said is right regarding getting HBC running.

4. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can he do that if he were on System Menu 4.0?

5. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No. Good point.... he didn't specifically say he was on 3.2, and that's a dangerous assumption to make when giving such instructions. Good call.

6. SolidMetal
    OP

United States
    Hey Guys i'm on 3.1 so i guess it should be ok..... right?

7. SolidMetal
    OP

United States
    Ok i got my homebrew channel up and running again after i installed it with the TP hack, glad i kept the zip file i had with everything on, only problem is i no longer have my files for the gamma3 loader or cios file to run my unpatched backups or my usb loader any advice that would steer me in the right direction for these files would be very welcome.
    thanks
    ps i had to go thru my install process step by step from the zip file i had and i had to install cios36_rev5-64-v1042.wad i know it's not the right one thats why ineed help

update- i got it sorted now, thanks to all who replied to me

8. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada