I've just bought from a Guy who doesn't know nothing. So I want to figure it out.

almmiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like the title say: I've just bought a console and have some doubts, never messed with ogxbox stuff.

Historic of things:

1. First thing, by the look of it, and confirmed in the system dash, it is 1.6 mobo. So, no removing any capacitors, right?

2. I have opened it and it have a aladin chip installed (It means that is hardmoded, right? the light on the chip are red on, but no watermark on splash screen)

3. it came with xbmc, but not the good one (xbmc4gamers). I don't know how to change the default dash.

4. Hdd partitions is strange to understand: there's a games folders on f:. On g: have nothing, and 200gb free that i can't use. In xbox360rgh I configure freestyledash to look into specific folders. In ogxbox is the same? i can have 2+ game folder locations? ANy naming schemes or folder structures?

5. Well, I tried to find default xbe that load the xbmc, changed the file for my shortcut maked one with the xbe shortcut maker, and the xbox didn't boot anymore, error 21.

6. Strange is: I've used fatxplorer to connect hdd on my windows, found the file I had changed, and replaced by the original, but xbox boot turns out damn slow. I dont know if is the cheap ide/sata adapter, or corrupted dash.

7. I'm downloading hexen disc to try boot from there, i hope it works. I will try install dash from the disc.

8. well, suceeded in booting, hexen disc. I want to reformat/clean the whole HDD, and put my own games and apps/emulators in xbmc4gamers. How to do it without breaking my console?

For me, anyone who can use equivalents to explain how things work here, it can be easy. I'm used to modding terms on the wii, 3ds, switch, wiiU and x360.

I took the risc to assume that is a hardmoded xbox. I've got trough using hexen> new hard disk, formating c, e, f.

Then it returned back to hexen disc menu, copying files from disc to c: but got stuck on 48%....for about an hour, so a gave up and turned off.

Now xbox wont boot, giving me error 13/14.

Iv'e seen that evox logo never appeared before. I dont know if the chip installed and lighst on, is indeed in use...

I bought an original dvd with live enabled game (madden 07), to see if i can recover dashboard, because hexen does not auto load anymore: error first. Will wait some days to original game arrive, but if any alternative existe, please let me know.

Last edited by almmiron,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Nope, not needed.
2. Ehh try booting it via the small button or the eject button? You do boot into a custom dash?
3. XBMC is fine, tho best would be to install UnleashX.
4. Xbox has several partitions, 360 as well but that's another story, Games can be dumped on F and G. it doesn't matter.
5. GG, don't do that again.
6. Possibly corrupted dash, best is to reinstall everything.
7. Okay.
8. Format everything and install a stock dash on C (or modded/UnleashX, I have no clue how HeXeN behaves these days)

Since you got a chip in there, the thing is basically unbrickable.
Just format the C drive and install a stock dash to it, then softmod it and install UnleashX or w/e dash you want.
The E drive is used to store save games and DLC.
X Y and Z partitions are swap, things will get auto deleted from there whenever a game requests space.

Did you burn HeXen on the slowest speeds?
Things you could try is booting the xbox via Eject.
Idk how the installer configured it, could very well be that one of the connections of the chip has gotten loose and the thing does receive power but won't boot from it.

I'd say open it up and inspect the wiring.

I had a quicker and bit riskier but 100% safe if you know what you're doing way but I'm afraid that's not going to work on a christmas box.

almmiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks.

Well, my ultimate goal is to get it working again. The chip and the soldering seems to be ok. I don't know how to look, tough. Maybe faulty chip?

once installed, the console should show evox logo on boot right? it won't, never did when it was working.

Tried turn on by the eject button. the same. Also With a original game (dark summit). no dice.

hexen disc was burned using 4x speed on a dvd-r media with imgburn.

I used quix to extract hexen disc, to see the content of the dash in c:/ and e:/ and will copy to the hd using fatxplorer. i'm doing this right now and will come back here to report.

almmiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
update:

I could put the stock dash files on c and e using fatxplorer.

now i cant boot neither with a original disc (can't say for sure if is a disc problem) or hexen disc. I hope the live enabled game works.

error now is error 21. don't know what to do anymore.

update 02: with hexen disc, the original dash informs that the disc could not be loaded.

Last edited by almmiron,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your only way to restore it is to load HeXeN or Slayers CD.
I know Slayers CD will boot straight from a modchip and allows for dash reinstallation.

Normally a modchip would show something else under the Xbox logo other then Microsoft yeah, that's also one of the ways to tell it's on.
I know one can mod their own BIOS and put whatever they want in that field.

Some chips can be disabled/enabled by booting it with the eject button.
Or whatever button it is set to.
Might be worth a try.

Reactions: Alexander1970

almmiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, now I took the time (and courage) to open and took of the aladdin xt2 chip: think there's something wrong. There's suposed to have all12 pins, right?

I will buy a pin header on local elet component shop, and try to get it solded again ny someone who knows what he's doing.

upload_2021-2-7_12-8-5.png

Still don't want to look below the mobo. Anyways, i think it definitely something wrong with this installation. Seems fried plastic.

-the blue wire is ok, to chip is always on. Tough i think is too long? what do you think?
-The black wire I don't know the purpose.

edit: now i'm confused. maybe this is the new method? pins are removed? foto taken from video of

i'm want to understand wth is happened.

upload_2021-2-7_15-12-22.png

Last edited by almmiron,

Haizum74

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like the title say: I've just bought a console and have some doubts, never messed with ogxbox stuff.

Historic of things:

1. First thing, by the look of it, and confirmed in the system dash, it is 1.6 mobo. So, no removing any capacitors, right?

2. I have opened it and it have a aladin chip installed (It means that is hardmoded, right? the light on the chip are red on, but no watermark on splash screen)

3. it came with xbmc, but not the good one (xbmc4gamers). I don't know how to change the default dash.

4. Hdd partitions is strange to understand: there's a games folders on f:. On g: have nothing, and 200gb free that i can't use. In xbox360rgh I configure freestyledash to look into specific folders. In ogxbox is the same? i can have 2+ game folder locations? ANy naming schemes or folder structures?

5. Well, I tried to find default xbe that load the xbmc, changed the file for my shortcut maked one with the xbe shortcut maker, and the xbox didn't boot anymore, error 21.

6. Strange is: I've used fatxplorer to connect hdd on my windows, found the file I had changed, and replaced by the original, but xbox boot turns out damn slow. I dont know if is the cheap ide/sata adapter, or corrupted dash.

7. I'm downloading hexen disc to try boot from there, i hope it works. I will try install dash from the disc.

8. well, suceeded in booting, hexen disc. I want to reformat/clean the whole HDD, and put my own games and apps/emulators in xbmc4gamers. How to do it without breaking my console?

For me, anyone who can use equivalents to explain how things work here, it can be easy. I'm used to modding terms on the wii, 3ds, switch, wiiU and x360.

I took the risc to assume that is a hardmoded xbox. I've got trough using hexen> new hard disk, formating c, e, f.

Then it returned back to hexen disc menu, copying files from disc to c: but got stuck on 48%....for about an hour, so a gave up and turned off.

Now xbox wont boot, giving me error 13/14.

Iv'e seen that evox logo never appeared before. I dont know if the chip installed and lighst on, is indeed in use...

I bought an original dvd with live enabled game (madden 07), to see if i can recover dashboard, because hexen does not auto load anymore: error first. Will wait some days to original game arrive, but if any alternative existe, please let me know.

OK, it seems as though you are trying to softmod on a hard modded xbox or mixing the two and have now fubared the HDD. As it's hardmodded you do not no need to use any sort of softmod tools.

To start, on boot up, it doesn't have to have a watermark (such as the Evox logo) on the splash screen to mean it's not modded. The splash screen can be customized.

As it stands, it's trying to boot but because it didn't manage to fully build the 'new' HDD (getting stuck at 48%) it's having issues.

So, is the chip still intact and on the board?

Follow this tutorial and see how you get on https://circuit-board.de/forum/index.php/Attachment/72198-Aladdin-XT-installation-Guide-pdf/

Last edited by Haizum74,
Reactions: almmiron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.