Hacking I've installed Minecraft for Windows 10 on Xbox One

Deleted member 518296

Developer of MC Addons Manager
OP
Trophies
XP
Hello !
Yesterday, I have re-packaged and signed Minecraft for Windows 10 from my WindowsApps folder to install on my Xbox in Dev Mode for testing a thing, but the game crash at starting (sometime there is the boot screen), what do you think causes this ? :huh:
Thank you very much :)

Bl4aze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for real?
Thats pretty nuts.
i think the crashing might be due to the fact that dev mode only allows for up to 1 GB of ram to be used.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Deleted member 518296

OP
Trophies
XP
Hello, yes it's real :)
I've installed the UWP Console on my PC and it crash too. But I've installed the UWP Console on DevMode and it worked.
I will share capture if you want ^^ Even if it seems useless because I can't access to the game local folder.

Bl4aze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the UWP Console on my PC and it crash too. But I've installed the UWP Console on DevMode and it worked.
I will share capture if you want ^^ Even if it seems useless because I can't access to the game local folder.
id actually like to see a screencap of this this is some interesting news. If this can run on the xbox this means basically any windows store game can run on the xbox.

Deleted member 518296

OP
Trophies
XP
Sorry for the long time :D
I don't know if this can proves, but here is the captures, and the captures of the main game local data folder, because I discovered that for installing global packs it doesn't use UserMgr0 like everybody say, it uses DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\.
FgKfG8d.jpg

njosFmS.jpg

Anzp4bN.jpg
n7ScvtY.jpg

Bl4aze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the long time :D
I don't know if this can proves, but here is the captures, and the captures of the main game local data folder, because I discovered that for installing global packs it doesn't use UserMgr0 like everybody say, it uses DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\.
FgKfG8d.jpg

njosFmS.jpg

Anzp4bN.jpg
n7ScvtY.jpg
Thats super intresting

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Deleted member 518296

OP
Trophies
XP
Just to explain how to get access to hidden files on Xbox I used the FindFirstFileExFromApp() function from Win32 COM API.
APIs present on all Windows 10 devices (grouped by module) - Windows UWP applications | Microsoft Docs
FindFirstFileExFromApp function (Windows) | Microsoft Docs

This API allow to move, create, delete, read and write file to hidden folders too with a app that contains the capability runFullTrust without UnauthorizedAccessException :)
These operations can be done even if the folder must have the administrator rights

So I will move a pack to Minecraft folder in DefaultAccount to see if it show in Global resources.

Last edited by Deleted member 518296,

Sadge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very interested in the work you're doing and I'm just now getting started with Xbox, personally. Any chance you could DM me a discord server or your tag so we can discuss this more effectively? I'd like to collaborate on some things. If that's okay with you, of course.

jyryxxjrwustfevlgb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the console UWP? I tried the Windows 10 UWP appx and it crashed on the Mojang logo.

Deleted member 518296

OP
Trophies
XP
Minecraft Bedrock edition is universal but there is two versions : Minecraft UWP (PC and probably Windows phone) and Minecraft UWPConsole (Xbox one), you can see when you explore the game folder on My Files, the name is Minecraft_UWPConsole
I don’t know why but on Xbox it’s only possible to read uwp console, and on windows UWP

EDIT : So if you want to try Minecraft in dev mode you must have the UWP console appx package

Last edited by Deleted member 518296,

jyryxxjrwustfevlgb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minecraft Bedrock edition is universal but there is two versions : Minecraft UWP (PC and probably Windows phone) and Minecraft UWPConsole (Xbox one), you can see when you explore the game folder on My Files, the name is Minecraft_UWPConsole
I don’t know why but on Xbox it’s only possible to read uwp console, and on windows UWP

EDIT : So if you want to try Minecraft in dev mode you must have the UWP console appx package
How do you get the UWP console appx?

rlmineing_dead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is pretty dead but I managed to do the same thing, I made it to the menu but cant click Play or setting, it tries logging me into xbox live and seems to just fail
heres a screenshot

imgur com mdZhGLf

additionally, the title screen seems to lack the Minecraft logo weirdly enough

imgur com fReGYWX

the way I did this was just to use adguard store to download minecrafts appx and then I uploaded it through the devmode web portal

if anyone has any ideas on getting past this, please share

Andrei1744

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hmm. This seems interesting. Could this be the beginning of piracy on the xbox one? It would be awesome. And let's say, if the games are too demanding, we could run xbox 360 or original xbox games!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok goodnight. Have a talk with your older brother when you get a chance. Don't be ashamed, we all have issues in our life, so you are not alone.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money +1