i've got R4-III, but latest cheat.dat or...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by wii_go, Sep 27, 2008.

Sep 27, 2008
  1. wii_go
    OP

Newcomer wii_go Member

France
    usercheat.dat doesn't seem to give me one or another cheats, this brand new card have special cheat file or what, do you know that ????

i've got an M3 real too and off course the cheats (like max xp for sonic chronicle appears, even if i don't know how this works, can i make left+select before starting the game or ingame, because in game, i don't see nothing and i don't know if it works really, don't try with another game or cheat file)

SORRY, I WANT TO POST THAT TOPIC IN THE "MASSIVE CHEAT THREAD OF NARIN" BUT LIKE ONLY A NEWBIE CAN DO THIS, IT'S IN THE WRONG SECTION, SORRY, IF YOU CAN MOVE THIS TO THE CORRECT THREAD, THX.

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I'm not too sure what you're trying to say. But I think what you need to do is just get Narin's cheat file (cheat.dat OR usrcheat.dat) and delete the already existing cheat files.

3. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1st goto the cheat database page and read the notice (click ".::Important Notice::. "), then make sure the game you are trying is in GameList.txt

I would use USRCHEAT.DAT placed in the _system_ folder and a 0 byte CHEAT.DAT (open notepad, do file save, name it "CHEAT.DAT" with the double quotes, should be a 0 byte file, on linux touch CHEAT.DAT)

the R4-III uses the exact same cheats as the original R4, encrypted CHEAT.DAT and all, but USRCHEAT.DAT is not encrypted, so Cheat-code-editor-en-v1.01.rar can edit them no problem. Cheats in the R4-III are selected the same as well, with the "Cheat (Y)" button before starting a game.

4. wii_go
    OP

Newcomer wii_go Member

France
    ok thx to you two, i'm taking usercheat.dat & everything goes well but with only the cheat.dat i didn't have any cheats ???

5. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe your cards firmware wasn't processing the encrypted cheat.dat file properly?

6. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    its a R4 CLONE what do you expect

but yeah read the note on narin's page
    i doubt that even r4 custom can fix the cheats issue though