I've got Menuhax running now, but I was using a 4gb microsd.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by rimmyjustles, Feb 2, 2016.

1. rimmyjustles
    OP

rimmyjustles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Canada
    I want to switch to 32gb micro sd. I can still keep my hacks, right? I guess I'd just be losing Ironfall since I can't simply drag and drop? I guess ironfall isn't that important to me since I have HBL, but I'm curious anyway. I have also a few digital titles.

2. Boreas3

Boreas3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2015
    Belgium
    you will keep menuhax if you'll copy all the content of the old sd card into the new sd card :-)
    I'll do that when I have changed the sd card and menuhax wasn't erased :-)

3. rimmyjustles
    OP

rimmyjustles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Canada
    Great! My current micro SD is too small to run that uncensored BD romhack, heh. I'll go ahead and upgrade then. It is a HUGE shame that 64 gb is not supported though.

4. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    AFAIK, 64GB is supported, heck, i even saw one post that says he is using 128GB.

5. rimmyjustles
    OP

rimmyjustles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Canada
    Actually you're right. I literally posted that then thought to myself "Hmmm...." then googled. There's something like exFAT only supporting 32, while FAT32 goes higher, to even 128 like you said.

Maybe additional things are needed, but in any case that's great news.

6. blax722

blax722 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2015
    Only thing you need to do is format your microSD card to FAT32, no additional things needed. Theoretically you can go up to 8 terabytes with FAT32...

7. rimmyjustles
    OP

rimmyjustles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Canada
    Literally amazing news. 128GB is more than enough I would imagine for the incoming hacks/translations.