I've got a fat DS

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by gosp, Jun 29, 2008.

Jun 29, 2008

I've got a fat DS by gosp at 8:26 PM (1,662 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. gosp
    OP

Member gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    From what I understand, the M3 Real comes with a rumble/ rumble+ram pack, however, it's for the DS Lite. Would I be able to swap the insides of the cartridge with a normal GBA cartridge, Like was possible with the M3 Perfect Mini? Would that, then, allow me to play GBA games?

2. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    I thought it was spelt: Phat. Anyway, unless you have good knowledge of this stuff, I wouldnt reccomend doing that...you might end up damaging the pack.

3. jos7960

Member jos7960 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    You cant play gba games with a rumble/rumbleram pack. You need the GBA expansion pack. This comes with the M3 DS Real Perfect bundle. But i would suggest a GBA flashcart for a phat DS.

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    supposedly you can run small(4MB) GBA games with the rumble/ram.

it's possible to buy replacement shell kits for the expansion packs, they come with 2 lite and 1 phat shell.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  6. chrisruls00

Newcomer chrisruls00 Advanced Member

United States
    A shell for the Phat is included with the Real for the GBA expansion pack. I'm sure you could put a rumble in there. As for swapping it with a GBA game, I've never tried a rumble cart but the RAM that comes with the web browser is a snap to swap. Just unscrew both and put the chip from the RAM into the GBA cart. I had to do that for a friend when he had a phat, and when he upgraded we just switched it back, works like a charm.

7. Rob_Threat

Member Rob_Threat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The GBA/RAM pack with also fit M3Lite shells... great if you want Navy, or Pink, or GBA sized (kind of moot since the new GBA size came out).

The Rumble and Rumble/RAM packs ARE NOT compatible with the GBA/RAM pack's shell due to the placement of the vibration motor.

The Rumble/RAM pack can play some 4MB/32mb GBA titles, but lacks SRAM for saving. Of course, no RTC. It's crap for GBA.

It's not spelled p-h-a-t, nothing is spelled that way. It's an original DS, a fat DS, or just a DS. [​IMG]

8. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    my real perfect bundle didnt come with a regular ds replacement shell
    and neither did the one that gba temp reviewed