Hacking I've got a DSi XL and the SupercardDSTwo is coming. Now what?

Overwhelming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've bought a NDSi XL and ordered a Supercard DSTwo.

My DS' firmware is 1.4E.

I've heard someone, who has an Acekard2i, that NDS' with firmware =>1.4 have to be altered, using a method that involves a DS Lite (I don't know what and how).

Now I'm worried, because I don't have a DS Lite (sold it to help me buy the XL), my firmware is 1.4E and I'm afraid the SupercardDSTwo won't work on it.

Is it true that I have to downgrade or mod my firmware? Do I really need a DS Lite for that? The SupercardDSTwo doesn't come with everything I need to use it in my DSi XL?

Thank you for any answers or orientation you might give me.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
Overwhelming said:
Is it true that I have to downgrade or mod my firmware? Do I really need a DS Lite for that? The SupercardDSTwo doesn't come with everything I need to use it in my DSi XL?

Thank you for any answers or orientation you might give me.

Nope - put the EOS software for the DSTwo on the MicroSD card, put the microSD in the DSTwo, put the DSTwo in the DSi XL, turn it on... load up the Fish Tycoon Game that it appears as, job done.

Overwhelming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot, guys. I was about to facepalm myself.
biggrin.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just don't try to boot it without the microSD or without having the firmware installed, because it will give the dreaded "An error has occurred" acreen.

quacko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was already to go, I even decided to go for the premium service from ShopTemp where they were going to preinstall some stuff. But I get that message an error has occurred. Actually I just tried the microSD card in my computer and it said it needed to be formatted to be read. Am I doing something wrong? I know it is a noob question, I just had a m3ds real which I used to not have to worry about flashing at all.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gordinio said:
Just don't try to boot it without the microSD or without having the firmware installed, because it will give the dreaded "An error has occurred" acreen.
As if that's dangerous.

QUOTE(quacko @ May 29 2010, 12:59 AM) I thought I was already to go, I even decided to go for the premium service from ShopTemp where they were going to preinstall some stuff. But I get that message an error has occurred. Actually I just tried the microSD card in my computer and it said it needed to be formatted to be read. Am I doing something wrong? I know it is a noob question, I just had a m3ds real which I used to not have to worry about flashing at all.
If your computer tells you to format your microSD there is something terribly wrong with it. Make sure you format your microSD with the Panasonic SDFormatter.

quacko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't format and finally got it to read using the usb rather than the card reader. It has nothing on it. Looks like their premium flashing service from shoptemp is worthless for the DSTwo.

daroga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got mine yesterday. Worked perfectly on my DSi XL. Just as stated, you'll get an error if you try to put it into the system without an SD card in it, but it doesn't do any damage.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I am r4ymond said:
Now that you've gone over your worries, time to Download the DSTWO Firmware AHEAD of time so that you can play the DSTWO AQAP once you get it.

And to get some games and homebrew for it too!
biggrin.gif

quacko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad it worked for you daroga. I had no files installed at all. I most definitely had the microSD in there. I never did format the sd card and when I plugged it in to my computer there were 0 files on it. So while I'm not happy with the shoptemp premium flashing service so far I am pretty happy with the DSTWO

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got a DSI XL and DSTWO I just downloaded the software v1.01 and unpacked to the microsd put my games in plugged it in the DSI XL and turned it on, no problem at all. I hope its the same for you. enjoy!!

achelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just ordered mine, I can't wait....

Also hoping the snes-emu won't take to long. Available ones for the DS are so-so, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1