Hacking Ive got 3.1E but .....

DDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys im pretty new to all this wii hacking stuff but i just done the twilight hack and it worked with no problems woop woop
smile.gif

The reason im doing this is i want to run backup games using the backup launcher gamma, however im on version 3.1E, and i have been reading 3.2E is more reccomended. So should i upgrade before installing the Backup launcher or am i good to go ?

Also do i need to be connected to the internet on my wii to install the launcher? thanks guy
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

Ok, first if you don't have the Homebrew Channel, install it first since it makes thing easier.

Second, you should upgrade to 3.2 using AnyRegion Changer/cIOS Downgrader (cIOS Downgrader more recommended). Both of the apps uses Internet connection. I think, you should follow the Oct 23 Fix Guide in the sticky. Follow the "Downgrade section, and make sure you update your firmware to 3.4 before you start.

Third, if you want to install launcher, you should have a cIOS installed (Get cIOS36 rev07). cIOS installation requires Internet connection, but installing WADs (like Backup Launcher) doesn't require an internet connection....

On a side note, I don't think Backup Launchers work for 3.1 below.

DDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i installed the homebrew channel.

So ima follow a few tuts on how to upgrade to 3.2E which sounds like a safe way to go.

Then to install the backup launcher i downloaded a file of a tutorial on this website it had a cIOS installer and a backup launcher. so i just connect my wii to the net use the cIOS installer, and install. then just run the back up launcher and im good to go ??

also any advice on avoiding bricking my wii? or can you only seriously brick your wii with a mod chip ?

D

Deleted User

No, you can't brick your Wii with a modchip, you only can mess up and damage the drive
tongue.gif

DDave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok.

so will a backup launcher not work on version 3.1E ? or would there be a high risk of bricking or something ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1