OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
So, I've decided to spend some of my free time fixing the medals a bit. Not all of them though, only those that had a shadow effect that doesn't blend well with the Dark skin on gbatemp.
Example:
OLD:
8a9fe98c89.gif

NEW:
993c0c36b3.png

Here's the download link:
http://puu.sh/fU4Ez/ab9b71c58f.rar

Some of you might not like this change, so I've added a poll so you could decide if it's a good idea to implement these into the forum.

EDIT: Added some more lighting to them to make them look more "modern". Here's the sprite sheet for tj_cool.

With shadows:
6e3b13da05.png

Without:
43e939ade8.png

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Preferably both should exist. These fixed ones you've made work better with the darker theme, but if you use the lighter theme then all of a sudden the shadow effects go missing.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Preferably both should exist. These fixed ones you've made work better with the darker theme, but if you use the lighter theme then all of a sudden the shadow effects go missing.
Hypothetically speaking, I could just change the shadow to a black-grey color at 20% opacity that will work on both, but that will require the medals to be in .png format since .gif doesn't support transparency. I don't know if the file size difference will affect the performance of the site but that's not my call.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They're probably gifs to make the file size smaller. Not sure how much "heavier" they would be as png. Ideally they should all be combined in one image so they can be CSS sprited.

Reactions: BORTZ

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Or click the "Tempstyle" link in the bottom left corner.
Damn, how could I've missed this?

They're probably gifs to make the file size smaller. Not sure how much "heavier" they would be as png. Ideally they should all be combined in one image so they can be CSS sprited.
Got it. Working on that right now.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Actually, I almost forgot that both reporter medals have an easter egg, maybe that's why? Those will have to stay the way they are.

Reactions: Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH