Hacking I've done something very stupid!

Koolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using Twillight Hack, homebrew channel, backup launcher, Wad manager, and many others homebrew stuff for very long time. Today, I've done something very stupid, but I don't really understand what it really happenned to my system.

I had IOS30-64-v1040.wad installed, and I wanted to upgrade to Ios36-64-V1042.wad. In my head, the correct way to upgrade was first to uninstalled IOS30-64-v1040.wad before installing Ios36-64-V1042.wad.

But I realized right after uninstalling the old IOS I've hardly brick my little baby.

It frozen during the uninstall... and the Wii never start again. Only a black screen when I power on. No error message.

I've installed Starfall and the recovery option before this happened.

But when I press Y button, nothing happen.

I think I've done the worst thing I sould to my Wii.

I considering to try with Savemii, but I read erasing the IOS are irreversible.

Is anyone have a little hope for me??

Thanx in advance...

And sorry for my bad english.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Savemiifrii, hold all the D-pad buttons on a GCN controller while booting, and the controller must be in slot 4. then have a game that contains an update in it to boot it. hope that helps
smile.gif

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow... Good thing you said that! I might of done that too... Thanks for the warning!!! Your English is good Don't worry.

Yes, What he said, get a new game with an update higher than 3.2 and you will be alright. (Wii Fit, Wii music, etc.) Go rent a new game. When you tried starfall what exactly happened? Just a black screen?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do exactly what alex said, but i warn you it may not work, see the IOS30 is the IOS that your system menu runs off of, if its corrupted or removed your system menu may not even load now, But thats the only method that you can try and might work

Update- I just realized your Starfall quit working thats a really bad sign you may not be able to fix your wii, If StarFall recovery menu wont load now, Savemii\SavemiiFrii more than likely wont work either cause the system menu may not be able to load
Hope everything works out for you

Koolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah... you're right. I've tried with GC pad in slot 4, holding all D-pad in the same time during power on...without succes. Only a black screen without nothing else. I've many new original games like wii fit and wii music... and before the brick, I've disabled update check, and the firmware was 3.2U.

Thanx for the big help. And if someone else have any other advices, you're welcome!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you straight up, I almost 100% sure your wii is done for and you may not be able fix it, But depending on how the wii exactly works on loading autoboot games the only other method you could possibly try but again almost sure it wont work is Mod-chip your wii and Use a Autoboot Zelda ISO and unbrick using that. But i'm pretty sure your wii is a full Brick Sorry man

Also even though you get the Black screen using starfall\savemiifrii stick in a game and leave it in for about 10 min or so than reset your wii and see if it took the update that could also work. But no guarantees cause sense the IOS30 is messin that also has a good chance of not working. But everything i guess i worth a try now

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
You are totally screwed... Send it to Nintendo If you still have a warranty. You will get a new Wii. 0% chance of getting your data (or Wii) back. Tell them It happened because the Mario Kart Wii channel install got messed up. Good luck!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
t'es toi malade???

So why did you think that installing IOS36 was an update of IOS30??? your wii has many IOS in it but the number doesn't mean an update, only the version of it, and they are all needed, and yes like everyone has said here, you're screwed, send it to big "N", you're canadian and they have to fix it for you, or if you bought it in a WalMart is even faster
laugh.gif

Koolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I know than I'm totally screwed!!

Tomorrow, I will bury this baby and going to wait some weeks before finding another one!! Thanx for the help guys!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So it is not in warranty anymore?? ishh I bought mine in Quebec and there are so damn hard to find, like 3 weeks going everyday to the stores and nothing, 'till one day I went to return some movies to videotron and there it was the box shining like a star, oh my god what a nice memory
smileipb2.png

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can't send it to nintendo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but installing things on the wii voids the warrenty.

Also, if you did use savemiifrii to attempt a save, aren't you screwed anyways because starfall blocks disk updates?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
He can send to Nintendo, but who knows if they want to fix it for free, the SaveMiiFrii can boot into Zelda, use the THack with Wad Manager and install IOS30 again, BUT hence all of the SysMenu is supported by IOS30 then there is no way to even get to the booting part, the only solution would be BootMii previously installed, but guess what.....???

Koolfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I knows than I'm totally screwed! I will bury this baby this afternoon and waiting some weeks to find another Wii. They are totally backorder here.

Really big thanx to everyone here!
yaypsp.gif

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send it to Nintendo and ask them to send you a replacement, (if theres no warranty) it will cost you but not much more than buying a new one. Thats what I did.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just call and say i want a replacement and give them your serial # and credit card #.
If your still under warranty they will send a new wii out one time and when you get it you put the old one in the box they send and give it to ups for free and they will not charge your card unless you dont send back the wii in like over a month.If your out of warranty you will probably have to pay a fee but much less than you would pay anywhere else and no having to look for one. this takes like less than a week to get a new wii Ive done this twice without having to pay.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
That IOS30 that you deleted is your very IOS30 patched, it's system critic it seems. I could do the same, if you don't warm us, I'm a little obsesive about having all in order and delete ''no necesary IOS'' XD

And yeah IOS30 with IOS36 are completly different.

NEVER uninstall an IOS with WADmanager, better use AnyTittle deleter, it blocks you when you try to do stupid things lol.

KkNo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Wait maybe your wii is done, but before make sure of that...

Are you sure you pressed all the buttons on D-Pad (+)

It is in the Gamecube controller,

and it must be in slot 4.

to do this you need to open your controller otherwise is

impossible to press the 4 directions...

before you send your wii far try to open your GC controller and

try savemii,

In savemii just appear a black screen with your firmware in the bottom right side.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KkNo said:
Wait maybe your wii is done, but before make sure of that...

Are you sure you pressed all the buttons on D-Pad (+)

It is in the Gamecube controller,

and it must be in slot 4.

to do this you need to open your controller otherwise is

impossible to press the 4 directions...

before you send your wii far try to open your GC controller and

try savemii,

In savemii just appear a black screen with your firmware in the bottom right side.

Waste of time...

He uninstalled IOS30

Without IOS30, System will not boot. Even if you mash buttons on the gamecube controller, it is not going to be recognized by the System Menu as inputs because the system menu has been uninstalled because of the lack of IOS30.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1