I've been trying to run Gamecube ISOs on my Wii for months and I just can't get it working.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ferncaz95, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ferncaz95
    OP

ferncaz95 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Every time I try to run an ISO, whether it's through USB/Burned Disc on DIOS MIOS Booter, Neogamma, USB Loader GX, etc. I just can't get it working. My iso file is never detected and sometimes I can't even get the program to show up on homebrew. My USB is formatted to fat32 32kb cluster with an 'apps' folder and a 'games' folder. I also have an SD card that has the same programs running in its apps folder. Any solutions?

2. Bobbybangin

Bobbybangin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    If you're using the DIOS MIOS wad then you can't play burned discs. You have to reinstall the 'RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.wad' if you want to play burned games again because the DIOS MIOS wad cancels it out. As far as the problems with selecting the DIOS MIOS games make sure you select the 'Gamecube' icon in WiiFlow. That will probably work better for you than Neogamma or USB Loader GX.

3. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
  4. ferncaz95
    OP

ferncaz95 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2013
    United States
  5. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
    Install using wad manager 1.7 (a homebrew app) - it replaces the mios in your wii with 'Dios Mios'
    DiscEX / GCreEx are PC applications to convert your Gamecube game images - I use DiscEX myself...
    Wiflow may be able to handle unconverted (.iso) image but I aint sure as I use USB GX for GC backups, which has both global and 'per game' settings for DML / Devo - I'm sure wiiflow will have similar
    :)