Hacking I've been trying to run Gamecube ISOs on my Wii for months and I just can't get it working.

ferncaz95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to run an ISO, whether it's through USB/Burned Disc on DIOS MIOS Booter, Neogamma, USB Loader GX, etc. I just can't get it working. My iso file is never detected and sometimes I can't even get the program to show up on homebrew. My USB is formatted to fat32 32kb cluster with an 'apps' folder and a 'games' folder. I also have an SD card that has the same programs running in its apps folder. Any solutions?

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the DIOS MIOS wad then you can't play burned discs. You have to reinstall the 'RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.wad' if you want to play burned games again because the DIOS MIOS wad cancels it out. As far as the problems with selecting the DIOS MIOS games make sure you select the 'Gamecube' icon in WiiFlow. That will probably work better for you than Neogamma or USB Loader GX.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is the DIOS-MIOS wad used?
Install using wad manager 1.7 (a homebrew app) - it replaces the mios in your wii with 'Dios Mios'
The guide gives the impression that it's only required for DiscEX.
DiscEX / GCreEx are PC applications to convert your Gamecube game images - I use DiscEX myself...
Do I need it for WiiFlow?
Wiflow may be able to handle unconverted (.iso) image but I aint sure as I use USB GX for GC backups, which has both global and 'per game' settings for DML / Devo - I'm sure wiiflow will have similar
:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on