I've been done on ebay....

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, Apr 16, 2007.

Apr 16, 2007

I've been done on ebay.... by Harsky at 9:31 AM (682 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Not much money was lost thankfully. I was given a converter by someone that can play Japanese games on a Megadrive but I have no Japanese games for it so I bought one from ebay. I paid £5 but this was 2 weeks ago and I sent an email to the seller asking what's going on and still no reply. Now, in any other days, I would've just let the £5 slide but this time, I'm wanting to learn how to claim it back so I can make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

I paid with paypal so I was wondering if this makes getting the money back easier?

2. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    There is a 20 day limit with paypal (I think) to make a claim, so get on that. Leave negative feedback and you will get a reply.

3. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Should I go and make a paypal dispute first?

4. assassinz

Member assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

United States
    Don't leave negative feedback yet. They'll just do the same to you and tarnish your rating. I think 90 days is the limit on leaving feedback, so wait until the last day to leave feedback so they can't ruin your rating just to "get even".
    Also, I think Paypal has a 30 day limit on refunds, but let them know now that you have contacted the seller and have not received a response so you can request a refund ASAP. You should be ok as long as you take care of this within the 30 day period.

5. iori-kyo-k

Member iori-kyo-k GBAtemp Fan

France
    I had almost the same case, buying a DVD that never came to me, after the member had cash from me.

Now this member is no more registered on eBay, so no way to claim for anything, as I've not remembered his name.

Son of a bitch.

6. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Filed a dispute form. Says that if nothing is done within 20 days, I can escalate it to a claim. I had a look on the ebayer's feedback and there was one feedback recently that said "sorry to hear your computer was hacked". Maybe I did misunderstand. Oh and to do this much work just for £5? I can get a decent lunch with that money and if I was happy giving away money and not receiving anything in return, I'd be poor.