I've been banned from Nintendo, what should I do?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by alberto90, Sep 13, 2015.

1. alberto90
    OP

alberto90 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2015
    Italy
    Hi guys!
    Today i was playing my copy of Pokemon Y on my Sky3DS using my New3Ds (latest update, I update my console 2 days ago, cause i read on Sky3Ds site that latest firmware was supported) i turn internet on and i got "error code 002-0102 and can't play online!".
    What should i do?

Thanks,
    Alberto

2. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    play offline

pirate = no online play
    not a pirate = online play

Scarlet likes this.
  3. kontrolaltdelete

kontrolaltdelete Task Manager

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    Alternatively, instead of being a super butthurt white knight, you could buy a powersaves from Datel (people who made action replay) dump the private header of a game and use that to play online. There are guides floating around here. Check the tutorial board.

PS - your ban will expire in 2 weeks to a month. Plenty of time to figure out how to use private headers.

4. Arithmatics

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    Off topic:
    is it true that you can update a legit .cia via eshop?

5. kontrolaltdelete

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    Yes. You can update any cia via eShop. It's just not always safe. A good portion of them will update to a certain point, then demand you close your lid so it can "finish the update" (when it really just updates your system).

Another caveat is that if you use a region free or out of region game, your eShop won't be able to update it. Doesn't harm you to try, you just get hit with a pop-up error.

6. Arithmatics

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    So is there a way to circumvent this lid closing or should I just update via installing an update .cia?

7. kontrolaltdelete

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    Well, you can try any of your games. If it gets to the point where it demands you close your lid, simply hit the home button, go to the CIA, cancel the download and you're back to square one.

The safest bet however is to update from cia. Speaking from experience though, I've done both. Some games you just can't find the CIA update for.

8. Arithmatics

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    I see. One more thing though, by updating your system, do you mean it'll update to the latest available FW or just the latest FW required for that particular game?

9. kontrolaltdelete

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    I... Don't actually know. I imagine coming from the eShop it's the latest in general.

10. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    They only do 15 day bans from what I've seen, which is rather nice of them.