I've been 70 hours Soft-Resetting Pokemon for a Shiny Kyurem

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
But I still can't find one...
I'm not sure if I should continue. I want to continue playing the game. I've soft resetted the game for more time than I have played it and I stopped playing my console games in order to use my time to soft reset. But if I give up now, everything would have been in vain...

What should I do?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard that people doing that might want to look into something called RNG.

I myself have no idea what that is, but what I hear made me think, that it kinda helps you getting shinys

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Because I never had a legit shiny apart from the Red Gyarados from Silver, Crystal and Soul Silver specifically. I always wanted to capture one.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
dont give up, its what it wants, you have put so much effort into it, if you stop now, its 70hours of your life that will achieve to nothing!
atleast if you keep going youll have a shiney Kyurem to show off it, instead of nothng

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Lucky for me I caught a shiny geodude in SS. It's not legendary, but it shiny!

The chances of you getting a shiny pokemon is extremely rare. It's a game, no, it's just Pokemon, so don't stress on it.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
adrian2040 said:
Because I never had a legit shiny apart from the Red Gyarados from Silver, Crystal and Soul Silver specifically. I always wanted to capture one.
In my Silver, I found a shiny Unown, Geodude, Onix, and Golbat. In Platinum, I found a shiny Bidoof 5 minutes into the game.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
70 hours? Damn you're hardcore. I usually give up trying to get shinies after a few tries. You have a 1 in 8192 chance of acquiring your shiny Kyurem, so good luck lol.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to see nor capture a legit shiny except for the red gyarados in ANY pokemon game that had them
angry.gif
I've played them all but black and white

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's pure luck. The determinant for Shininess is a calculation based on the Trainer ID number and secret ID number of the player encountering it and the personality value of the Pokémon. I won't tell you the details, but let's just say that the odds of a pokemon to be shiny are 1/8192 or 0.012207%. Good luck.

Note: The red gyarados in G/S/C/HG/SS was made for it to be shiny at 100%.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One thing to remember, if you encounter it just when your girlfriend runs in crying because her cat just died, COMFORT HER or you will regret it.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what to say. You realize anyone can just create one that looks 100% legit using Pokesav? The only person that would know the difference is you, but I guess you can't live with that.
On a side note, I spent over thousands of hours total in all the Pokemon games, and the only legit shiny I encountered was a Duskull in Ruby.

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I just had an idea. One day I bought this USB slot that allow me to rip save files from cartridges and load them up again. I believe I bought the one that was compatible with Soul Silver and Heart Gold (Some sort of + version.) Will that one work with Black?

EDIT: It's called NDS Adapter Plus.

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It finally appeared! And I caught it with a Premier Ball! Yay! Now I'm going to sleep for 24 hours!!! *Goes to sleep*

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first shiny was a female Feebas in Emerald. I didn't really know what a shiny was, but I wanted a Milotic, so I caught it. You can imagine my surprise when I imported my pokemon into Colosseum.

That being said though, I'd try and catch a normal pokemon as a shiny. You won't have to soft reset as much...or at all, really.

Edit

Oh, you caught one. That's fantastic!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1