Hacking I've 9.2 sysNAND and 9.4 emuNAND working with my eShop games. Should I downgrade?

kirameku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I've managed to have my previows eShop purchases and saves linked only to emuNAND, GW is working, and sysNAND is now vanilla and merely a launcher for the gateway exploit...

Should I consider downgrading to 4.5 or similar? Which benefits have doing so?

Regards.

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
only benefit is launching the gw3ds offline. the new exploit requires you to load a webpage, so you cant really go in that mode on a bus.

the downgrade enables you to use the blue card to install the old expoit on your 3DS, which can be launched through the settings.

unless you have issues with how you currently boot into GW mode, there is no reason to downgrade imo. im sticking with 9.2 on my 3DS as well.

kirameku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only benefit is launching the gw3ds offline. the new exploit requires you to load a webpage, so you cant really go in that mode on a bus.

the downgrade enables you to use the blue card to install the old expoit on your 3DS, which can be launched through the settings.

unless you have issues with how you currently boot into GW mode, there is no reason to downgrade imo. im sticking with 9.2 on my 3DS as well.

I can always run a WiFi Hotspot from my cell phone if I shut down the 3DS out of home, so I guess it's not an important disadvantage.

Do you have 6.X+ games ?

I bought this console with 6.X+, and the only retail games I have are SSB, Cubic Ninja, and Pokemon Y.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case you'll be fine, but if you have 6.x games like LTTP or similar then you're in trouble if you downgrade. It's best to stick with one and stay there. I personally ended up going to 4.2 with my 3DS and now I launch it through the system settings. I personally think it's easier and it actually has saved me a few times where I didn't have WiFi available and my 3DS shut off/I accidentally didn't exit Smash in the weird way which prevents a system restart.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can always run a WiFi Hotspot from my cell phone if I shut down the 3DS out of home, so I guess it's not an important disadvantage.

I bought this console with 6.X+, and the only retail games I have are SSB, Cubic Ninja, and Pokemon Y.
SSB and Pokemon Y are 6.x games, if you downgrade they will see the save as corrupted and you will have to start over.
This is why I'm not downgrading. The downsides are greater than the upsides.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSB and Pokemon Y are 6.x games, if you downgrade they will see the save as corrupted and you will have to start over.
This is why I'm not downgrading. The downsides are greater than the upsides.

Oh, that actually explains quite a bit. Although my saves kicked the bin when I set up emuNAND (sysNAND was still 9.2), so I didn't have a save with 6.x encryption anyhow. Probably will stay on 4.2 if that's the case.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
okay..then maybe I do need to keep my legit around until there's a save converter.
can saves be decrypted and loaded in decrypted form?
Yes, with NTR-CFW 2.x, but that only works on new3DS and you need Cubic Ninja to run it. There are other ways but those don't work for 6.x encrypted saves so they won't be any useful for this.

Reactions: Arkansaw

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there is a way around it for pokemon Y and for EU ssb, which would be installing the legit cia and using save data transfer tool to transfer your save to the eshop version, then it will no longer be using the 6.x save encryption and your save will be saved, but as there is no legit cia for the US SSB you cant do it, only for pokemon Y

only way around that one would be using NTR 2.0, or waiting for Rxtools to enable the use of SDF with retail carts "soon"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.