• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Ivanka Trump used PERSONAL EMAILS!!!!?!?????

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You've probably heard in the past couple days about Ivanka Trump using a personal email account! Holy moley! This is the story of the centruy, and the entire Trump administration is fucking going to be toppled!

Except that's not the case. This has been known to Congress for 14 months, and the differences between Hillary Clinton's emails and Ivanka Trump's emails is that
  1. Hillary was dealing with classified information with her emails, with matters ranging from national security to ongoing proceedings within the White House, stuff that's meant to be kept quiet.
  2. Hillary tried deleting all her emails when she was found out, however, Ivanka has been open and up-front with congress in regards to her personal email.
  3. Personal email accounts are allowed, but only for things that don't involve highly secretive things. They must also comply with federal records, which with Hillary Clinton, this was actively bypassed and ignored
Big differences here. Nobody cared that Hillary used a personal email, but people did care that it was a secret server that was sending out classified information that was open to attack from hackers that could use this information to damage the security of the USA.

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, I knew this thread would be about justifying and excusing away Ivanka's behavior. God forbid you come to the realization that nobody should be locked up for some e-mails, and that Republicans have been incredibly hyperbolic and hypocritical on the issue.

Context is key, and the context is different for both of them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One deals in national secrets, the other deals with meetings with her personal assistant. Big difference, I feel.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Context is key, and the context is different for both of them.
Yeah, the context is different, since Ivanka wasn't even using a private server. Her e-mails are much easier to access for hackers. Also nobody is going to make a serious request to lock her up over this, the story just highlights hypocrisy. Fox News is still covering Hillary's e-mails to this day, they gave about 30 seconds to Ivanka and then shut up about it forever.

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, the context is different, since Ivanka wasn't even using a private server. Her e-mails are much easier to access for hackers. Also nobody is going to make a serious request to lock her up over this, the story just highlights hypocrisy.

Well first off, nobody cares if her emails are hacked, because they're not dealing with national secrets. Are you just not reading this part, or are you actively tuning it out of your brain? National Secrets. Let's say that hacker did get into Ivanka's email. Guess what you'd find? You would find messages of her asking her assistant when she was going to meet up with people, and reminders of meetings. Wow! It's fucking nothing.

And why would people want to lock Ivanka up for doing nothing that harms the security of the USA? She's done nothing wrong, assuming that she's complied with the Presidential Records Act, which it looks like she has. She's broken no laws, hasn't put anyone in danger, and hasn't done anything secretive. The same can't be said for Hillary. I'm sorry Xzi, but you're just plain wrong in this case.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well first off, nobody cares if her emails are hacked, because they're not dealing with national secrets. Are you just not reading this part, or are you actively tuning it out of your brain? National Secrets. Let's say that hacker did get into Ivanka's email. Guess what you'd find? You would find messages of her asking her assistant when she was going to meet up with people, and reminders of meetings. Wow! It's fucking nothing.

And why would people want to lock Ivanka up for doing nothing that harms the security of the USA? She's done nothing wrong, assuming that she's complied with the Presidential Records Act, which it looks like she has. She's broken no laws, hasn't put anyone in danger, and hasn't done anything secretive. The same can't be said for Hillary. I'm sorry Xzi, but you're just plain wrong in this case.
You're taking her word at face value, which is a really bad idea when it comes to any Trump. We won't know what's in Ivanka's e-mails without an investigation, and I'm sure that's something she wants to avoid. As I said, it's mostly a non-issue for me, just as Hillary's e-mails were.

Meanwhile, you've got Donald helping to cover up a journalists' murder ordered by the Saudi crown prince. Kind of a bigger deal.

Last edited by Xzi,

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you just not reading this part, or are you actively tuning it out of your brain? National Secrets.

Liberals don't care about facts, so they just skip over them and don't bother to read them especially if they don't agree with how they "feel". They only spew their opinions with how a topic makes them feel. Not putting Xzi or anybody else here in a category. I'm just saying that even though you state facts, people will just disagree with you based on their opinions.

I haven't read too much on this situation yet, but it sounds like it's just another case of "they did something similar to what they are complaining about what we did, so what we did was ok".

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You're taking her word at face value, which is a really bad idea when it comes to any Trump. We won't know what's in Ivanka's e-mails without an investigation, and I'm sure that's something she wants to avoid. As I said, it's mostly a non-issue for me, just as Hillary's e-mails were.

Meanwhile, you've got Donald helping to cover up a journalists' murder ordered by the Saudi crown prince. Kind of a bigger deal.
Hilary's emails are a non issue for you? That clears up a lot of things, then...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Liberals don't care about facts, so they just skip over them and don't bother to read them especially if they don't agree with how they "feel". They only spew their opinions with how a topic makes them feel. Not putting Xzi or anybody else here in a category. I'm just saying that even though you state facts, people will just disagree with you based on their opinions.

I haven't read too much on this situation yet, but it sounds like it's just another case of "they did something similar to what they are complaining about what we did, so what we did was ok".
I mean, if we're talking facts, then Colin Powell was the first to use a private e-mail server at the state department. He recommended Hillary do the same, as the state department servers were ludicrously outdated (and they were even hacked during Hillary's time as SOS).

If we're looking at this objectively and not through the lens of emotion, then these are more rules and guidelines being broken than strict laws. The punishment should you be found in violation of them is a slap on the wrist, there's virtually no chance of jail time. Conservatives were deluding themselves from the start on that one.

Hilary's emails are a non issue for you? That clears up a lot of things, then...
Trump uses an unsecured iPhone to make and receive important phone calls every day[1]. I don't care about some e-mails that were never intercepted because Republicans don't care about keeping any information away from our foreign adversaries. Putin and the Saudis own this country under Trump.

[1] https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...itive-information-unsecured-cellphone-n924376

Last edited by Xzi,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still convinced people have it out for Trump, not because he's breaking the law, but only because many Liberals still have an eternal grudge and bitterness over the fact that their precious Clinton or Bernie never got the electoral vote. Never mind about the law, they want him out because he's not a Liberal. Change my mind.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump has made a pretty penny off the tax payers by charging the secret service to stay and eat on his properties on multiple occasions. He's made far more than Obama did on his presidential salary in 8 years in his first year as president.

In addtion to that, we're fronting the expenses of the first lady's hotel stays abroad. This is just one of many reasons people want him out.

Reactions: Kioku and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Still convinced people have it out for Trump, not because he's breaking the law, but only because many Liberals still have an eternal grudge and bitterness over the fact that their precious Clinton or Bernie never got the electoral vote. Never mind about the law, they want him out because he's not a Liberal. Change my mind.
He's the worst president we've had in my lifetime. He simply doesn't grasp the role. Even GWB knew that the president is meant to unite people, not divide. In the last couple weeks alone, Trump has attacked California wild fire victims, the guy who killed Bin Laden, and forced troops to spend Thanksgiving at the border for a political stunt. That last one is costing taxpayers millions, and technically it also labels the US a war zone.

Then there's the list of broken campaign promises, aka all of them:
  • build the wall - X
  • lock her up - X
  • Repeal Obamacare - X
  • Eliminate ISIS in 30 days - X
  • healthcare for everyone - X
  • Denuclearize North Korea - X
  • complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the country - X
  • 4% GDP - X
  • amazing trade deals - X
  • leave NAFTA - X
And the fact that his administration has passed only one piece of legislation, a tax break for the ultra-wealthy.

Last edited by Xzi,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wouldn't mind skimming through those as I did with Hildabeast's (undelected) emails. Though I doubt there'd likewise be gleaming crime evidence. Time to work, wikileaks. RIP Seth Rich.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind skimming through those as I did with Hildabeast's (undelected) emails. Though I doubt there'd likewise be gleaming crime evidence. Time to work, wikileaks. RIP Seth Rich.
The RNC was hacked along with the DNC back during the campaign, but Wikileaks chose to only publish DNC e-mails. I wouldn't expect them to release Ivanka's e-mails even if they obtained them, since Wikileaks long ago decided to become a partisan organization.

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The RNC was hacked along with the DNC back during the campaign, but Wikileaks chose to only publish DNC e-mails. I wouldn't expect them to release Ivanka's e-mails even if they obtained them, since Wikileaks long ago decided to become a partisan organization.
Just because they were hacked does not mean the data was sent to wikileaks unless you have a source that says it was

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Surely you should be able to point me to where those emails are stored. Or is the internet partisan too?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Surely you should be able to point me to where those emails are stored. Or is the internet partisan too?
I have no clue where they're stored. I assume it would be with the people who obtained them, namely the members of the GRU who also hacked the DNC:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-russian-hackers-had-rnc-data-but-didnt-release-it

Just because they were hacked does not mean the data was sent to wikileaks unless you have a source that says it was
True, but if they had access to one batch of e-mails, it seems likely they had access to the other batch too.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some russian hackers stole a bunch of data, but only part of it is available online because wikileaks is the only hosting platform in the world and it's obviously partisan, because they keep posting things I don't like. This is what liberals believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over