IV vs V?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by airdish, Mar 6, 2007.

Mar 6, 2007

IV vs V? by airdish at 10:42 PM (869 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. airdish

Newcomer airdish Newbie

Feb 14, 2007
    United States
    So I would like to buy the whole kit (slot 1 plus 3-1 card) but other then one site, all I can find are sites selling the whole kit as EZ-Flash IV. Is there any real difference between the EZ-Flash IV and V? Well I be able to play any game on the V that I wouldn't on the IV?
  2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 14, 2007
    United States
    which one There are 4 EZ flash 4s?

EZ Flash IV Lite Micro SD
    Ez flash IV Mini SD
    Ez flash iv compact
    Ez flash iv deluxe

Ez flash V.
    EZ flash V optional rumble/ram/gba expansion pak

anyway lets compare.

EZ flash V able to play DS roms click and drag into the micro sd card. (pro)
    Ez flash IV to play DS roms need to run the EZ flash IV client program to write games to micro sd. (con)
    Ez flash iv able to play and hold many gba games. (pro)
    Ez flash V able to play gba (if rumble/ram/gba expansion pak also purchased), but only able to hold 1 gba game a time.
    Ez flash V able to browse the internet and rumble (if rumble/ram/gba expansion pak also purchased), (pro)
    Ez flash V able to use cheat codes on ds roms (if rumble/ram/gba expansion pak also purchased), (pro).
    Ez flash iv better homebrew compatiible with older homebrew that do not support dldi (pro).
    Ez flash V able to play DS games that Ez flash iv cannot (castlevania portrait of ruin example) (pro)
    Ez flash V able to play new releases without having to wait for patches (some of the newer games you need to wait for them to make a corrective patch). (pro).
    Ez flash V fits flush in DS (pro)
    Ez flash iv not flush it sticks out (con)

Ez flash V bundle edition comes with expansion pack.
    $41.60+$18.81 shipping=$60.42 not including micro sd sold separate.

Ez flash IV deluxe.

so its up to you.
  3. scrawl

Member scrawl GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2006
    If you want to play several GBA games at a time, go with the EZ-Flash IV bundle edition (Includes EZ-IV deluxe and EZPass 3).

If you only play the occasional GBA title, go with the EZ-Flash V + Triple-pack. It's a newer product, so will be supported longer and overall has less compatibility issues. Other nice but non-critical features includes the rumble, RAM expansion and DipStar cheat support.