FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know I started a previous topic but this is urgent and I am getting worried now. I upgraded today and completed a untethered jailbreak. As doing so I got you know what and downloaded a few apps I had before the upgrade. Now when I sync the iPod the iTunes deletes my apps! I don't know what to do now because now I am close to panicing. If I cannot use iTunes to sync the apps like I did before I will be crippled in doing the daily things I used to do on the iPod. I used to use an app to get a few things like movies and games... I have no use for the jailbreak or the iPod if there isn't a solution for this. I now regret upgrading....

Is there an application perhaps that does the same thing as iTunes but doesn't involve Apple....

I don't want to redownload anything yet because all of the apps I got come to about 150 MB I don't want to drain the internet any further.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
^ This.

With each upgrade of IOS, old versions of appsync fail. Upgrade appsync to the correct version and you will be fine.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this... I tried downloading it removing it reinstalling it and even rebooting the iPod. iTunes still deletes the apps. If possible is there a program where I can simply extract files or move files through the iPod? I might transfer music occasionally but besides that I use the iPod to get games and media...

For more specifics I need a program that can access lets say iDownloads + Pro and transfer a movie from it to the computer. I know such programs exist but I never considered that alternative until now. It wouldn't even be this much of a problem if the computer could read the iPod at least. It used to before the upgrade. Now I can only mess with it via iTunes.

I also read somewhere if upgrading does this then it will have to be restored and I am not willing to do that just yet...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It deletes the apps where? The iPod or on the computer itself?

Check 'Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications' to see if the apps are there, if not, go into iTunes settings > Advanced and check Copy files to iTunes Media folder..
If this wasn't done before, you probably deleted the .ipa after copying it to the iPod right? So this means iTunes can't locate the file and probably deletes it.

If it deletes from the iPod, for precaution, disable automatic sync and check each time before syncing that the apps are ticked and ready to be synced in iTunes.

Edit: Also remember, this isn't Apples fault! It's your own.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This isn't like that. The iTunes syncs with the iPod and then a message pops up saying there are apps that haven't been transferred or purchased right. Something like that. Then it gives you an option of transfer or don't transfer. I click transfer because if I don't it deletes it. If I do it deletes it. iTunes knows its not paid for...

Now when it comes to the settings. I checked off the sync apps automatically when I last synced it so it shouldn't automatically copy them over but it still does anyway.

This might be my fault or it couldn't. I did everything right in the jailbreak so nothing wrong there. I think it's because I have the latest iTunes which has measures for stuff like this after you upgrade to 5.0+.

I'm on 5.0.1 and untether jailbroke by redsn0w and corona...

I don't think I was blaming anybody for any of this problem I'm going through but If I did give that feeling then it's misunderstood.

Overall iTunes knows its a cracked app. The AppSync isn't working properly. That's if you ask me.

My question is still left unanswered though...

Is there an iTunes alternative?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same on my ipod touch......
IOS 5.0.1, untethered jailbeak with redsn0w........ Upgraded appsync from hackulous....... No problems syncing with itunes 10.5.3.3 here.

Not trying to point fingers or criticise - just offering you the information :)

As for an alternative to itunes, I don't believe there is. Apple have got this thing sewn up tighter than a tadpole's bum! And yet they don't seem to be hit with big antitrust lawsuits like M$, for example......

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use an app to get a few things like movies and games... I have no use for the jailbreak or the iPod if there isn't a solution for this. I now regret upgrading....
Is there an application perhaps that does the same thing as iTunes but doesn't involve Apple....
With each upgrade of IOS, old versions of appsync fail. Upgrade appsync to the correct version and you will be fine.
I've never had AppSync work for me. Do you use the version that comes from the hackulous source?
Go to this video as I once had problems using AppSync with Install0us link This video cleared all my problems and @FlashX007 you wont need itunes to load your apps once you do this. As an addition, your itunes will now work fine and not detect cracked apps. Be sure to follow the instructions in the video perfectly and your problems will be gone. :D

4SaleUSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The backup is performed at the beginning of the sync process so it should still contain your app data if you haven't synced again synce this happened (which will overwrite it). To restore to this backup you must first disable automatic syncing to prevent this. Follow these steps:
  1. Without connecting your phone, open iTunes on your computer and go to Preferences. On the Devices tab check "Prevent...from syncing automatically".
  2. Now connect your phone to your computer and right-click on the name of your phone on the left side of iTunes and select Restore from Backup, choose your most recent backup to restore from.
  3. When complete, you can go back to iTunes>Preferences>Devices and re-enable automatic syncing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.