Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhh...we just call them potato wedges?
I've heard that referred to the ones that are baked not fried, but I don't hear potato wedges often. I've ordered fries many times and gotten the thick potato ones. Could we possibly now be dealing with not just differences between the US and Britain, but also between parts of the US. Like Soda versus pop, or hoagie versus grinder versus sub? Or maybe it's just a distinction that's only occasionally used?
wacko.gif

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Football - Not to be confused with Football, but rather a game played by traipsing around with hands in the air so as not to touch the ball. Not much excitement unless you enjoy passing and the occasional ankle sprain.

Roy Keane @3:36
bow.gif

Ha-ha, what a bunch of losers. They are playing a GAME and they get all pissy over a GAME. Oh, and that video doesn't show what they usually do when someone kicks them, which is to throw themselves to the ground and pretend they are dying so they can get a penalty called. What a bunch of wussies.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Football - Not to be confused with Football, but rather a game played by traipsing around with hands in the air so as not to touch the ball. Not much excitement unless you enjoy passing and the occasional ankle sprain.

Roy Keane @3:36
bow.gif

Ha-ha, what a bunch of losers. They are playing a GAME and they get all pissy over a GAME. Oh, and that video doesn't show what they usually do when someone kicks them, which is to throw themselves to the ground and pretend they are dying so they can get a penalty called. What a bunch of wussies.

Shut it, Yank! We saved your ass in vietnam!
biggrin.gif

(every football fan in the UK agrees with you though)

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bollocks - Nonsense or bullshit. Can also mean testicles. Can also be used in place of "shit" as an explosive expletive (see below).

"BOLLOCKS!" (after an accident or mistake) = Correct use
"I am going to the lavatory to have a bollocks" = Incorrect use

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
*Beep* Wrong! I graduated last year. So plenty of chips for me! Except I don't have any
frown.gif

Though the Chinese chip-shop in Soton that'll give you a mountain of good chips that can feed 3 people for a quid (back ontopic: £1) thwarts that theory anyway. Plenty of cheap chips for the students!
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say that the quality of chippies have certainly gone downhill, theres only one decent one over here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.