It’s time Kingdom Hearts returns to console - Nomura

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Speaking to the latest issue of Game Informer, Nomura provided his thoughts on PlayStation Vita as a platform, but said he feels it’s time for Kingdom Hearts to return to console.

“We have been invited to make games on different new platforms, and every time we have created titles making sure that they are highly compatible with the platform,” Nomura said. “The PS Vita is definitely a powerful device that is very interesting, but because of it’s high power, there isn’t much of a difference with a console. So even if we were to make a game, we would have to be very careful about how to create it for that device.

“I also feel that it’s about time that Kingdom Hearts should go back to being on a console.”

“I’m not able to disclose any information on what’s coming next or any other future plans, but you may be able to find a hint if you play through Dream Drop Distance to the very end.”

“I do have an interest in HD versions,” said Nomura, “and I’m currently researching them. If it is possible, I would like to do something about the series being spread over so many different consoles, too. I am thinking a lot about the future.”
http://gematsu.com/2012/05/nomura-its-time-kingdom-hearts-returns-to-console

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Speaking to the latest issue of Game Informer, Nomura provided his thoughts on PlayStation Vita as a platform, but said he feels it’s time for Kingdom Hearts to return to console.

“We have been invited to make games on different new platforms, and every time we have created titles making sure that they are highly compatible with the platform,” Nomura said. “The PS Vita is definitely a powerful device that is very interesting, but because of it’s high power, there isn’t much of a difference with a console. So even if we were to make a game, we would have to be very careful about how to create it for that device.

“I also feel that it’s about time that Kingdom Hearts should go back to being on a console.”

“I’m not able to disclose any information on what’s coming next or any other future plans, but you may be able to find a hint if you play through Dream Drop Distance to the very end.”

“I do have an interest in HD versions,” said Nomura, “and I’m currently researching them. If it is possible, I would like to do something about the series being spread over so many different consoles, too. I am thinking a lot about the future.”
http://gematsu.com/2...urns-to-console

Confirmed KHIII wont be a PS exclusive

Just finish KHIII already so you can start on Versus XIII
versus xiii is already being worked on....

Really? Wow.
I better read more updated SE news then :/

VersusXIII is almost finished by now(I hope so) and is expected to release this year. KHIII is the one that they are holding until they finish VersusXIII

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Or that Kingdom Hearts HD will be on a number of systems. (360, PS3, Vita)
VersusXIII is almost finished by now(I hope so) and is expected to release this year.
No. We don't know how far development is for Versus or when it will be released. Versus isn't being shown at E3 so that's saying something.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Or that Kingdom Hearts HD will be on a number of systems. (360, PS3, Vita)
VersusXIII is almost finished by now(I hope so) and is expected to release this year.
No. We don't know how far development is for Versus or when it will be released. Versus isn't being shown at E3 so that's saying something.
SE(Nomura) don't show big games on E3 but in the TGS

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
That's pretty much old news, we all knew that KH III would be on a console.
no shit bro.
this is confirming that the next kingdom hearts game will be on consoles as well as a possible HD remake and Nomura is considering the Vita.
I guess that's true. And yeah that would be really cool, I just hope they include BBS with it *o*

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally hope he makes KH remakes for PS3/Vita and for the next KH, I'd prefer for him to skip PS3 and move to next gen, which will surely be out by then, but either way its fine. Next gen - Better quality KH. PS3 - Cheaper console for me to buy for it.
A shame for vita though, its becoming like PSP again already. They buzzed about vita for like a week or two, and all I've heard in the last few weeks is about PS3 exclusives with no intention of being on vita, imagine battle royale on vita/ratchet + Clank remakes/Ico + Shadow of collosseus remakes, etc. Its like they're just neglecting Vita and moving straight to PS3. Vita is just like a small sidekick to vita right now, and it should be a portable equal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1