It's safe to play SuMo online now?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Aragi, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Aragi
    OP

Aragi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2016
    Italy
    Neo Tokyo 3
    Hi, I have the RF .cia released weeks ago(version 0). I went online and I did a WonderTrade, so I got the first ban and I unbanned my 3DS using the LocalFriendCodeSeed_B exploit.
    I'm on Luma3DS v6.5, sysNAND 11.2E. It's safe to play with the non-legit .cia or have I to wait for a legit .cia?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aragi, Nov 22, 2016
  2. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    If it's not officially out in your region - wait until it is else you will be banned.

If it is officially out in your region, you are fine.

Version types (leaked, cart or eShop) and numbers (0, 16 or 32) do not matter (people have gone online with the leaked CIA after official release and are fine. It's a pretty obvious thing to say logic states they're checking for release dates in your region only).

Last edited by zenamez, Nov 22, 2016
    Aragi likes this.
  3. Aragi
    OP

Aragi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2016
    Italy
    Neo Tokyo 3
    tomorrow the game will be released, so if i go online tomorrow i'll get not banned. thanks!

4. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    Nintendo sent me my preordered copy of Moon early (ironic seeing as how they're banning early birds...) so I'm in the same boat waiting (although I did move my save across from the leak).

5. Aragi
    OP

Aragi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2016
    Italy
    Neo Tokyo 3
    i'll do the same thing tomorrow :D

6. Marter714

Marter714 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I'd like to ask this question as well in regards to be in NA. I downloaded the game on 14th played a bit, but never went online. Now my friends have their copies and I'd like to send them some pokemon. Can I now turn on the 3ds wifi and go online safely? I'm using Arm9LoaderHax

7. castdreams

castdreams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Midwest USA
    Yes. As long as you didn't try and access any online features before the 18th you should be fine. (Even then, I believe you should still be able to local trade if you can't get online)

Marter714 likes this.