Hacking It's possible ?

rafao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I looked in many forums and not found, but it never hurts to ask ...

It is possible to play Gamecube backups through USB by setting up the ISO "MultiGame ISO Creator?

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rafao said:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gamecube+usb+loader
Very first link...
glare.gif

Currently Gamecube from USB is not possible.
However, DIOS MIOS is being worked on, but will NOT be open source and is ONLY a proof-of-concept:
http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396

In short. The answer is NO.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rafao said:

It is possible to play Gamecube backups through USB by setting up the ISO "MultiGame ISO Creator?
no you did not look
playing GC from USB is possibly the most asked question about Wii moding
and the answer is no
at least until the release of "dios mios"

and it does hurt the forums by clogging them up
well maybe the feelings of the idiots who did not even find the search button too
but I dont care about that (obvious isnt it
evil.gif
)

what the Multigame creator has to do with this I cant even think of
it combines multipe isos into one, thats all

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is possible to run GameCube Backups from USB by using the WODE Jukebox.

The WODE Jukebox is a modchip which emulates the Disc Drive which is the reason why it is called WODE (Wii Optical Drive Emulator), by this mean you can connect an external hard drive and play Wii and Gamecube Backups. You can also use Flat Mode to load Backups from Disc Drive. Read more at the GBATemp Official WODE Review

Even though, the WODE is quite expensive.

But, if you were meaning to run Gamecube Backups by USB through softmod, currently there is no way, but as this moment they are working on it.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naruses said:
Yes, it is possible to run GameCube Backups from USB by using the WODE Jukebox.

The WODE Jukebox is a modchip which emulates the Disc Drive which is the reason why it is called WODE (Wii Optical Drive Emulator), by this mean you can connect an external hard drive and play Wii and Gamecube Backups. You can also use Flat Mode to load Backups from Disc Drive. Read more at the GBATemp Official WODE Review

Even though, the WODE is quite expensive.

But, if you were meaning to run Gamecube Backups by USB through softmod, currently there is no way, but as this moment they are working on it.
He just owned everybody else in the thread
On Topic:The WODE is a pretty nifty device and works well but if you really want to load Gamecube games from USB its a safe bet.Not to mention that the GUI is really nice and the team behind it is really good.

fairlyevenparents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No but I think you can play them off of SD/SDHC cards -----> http://gbatemp.net/t209922-sd-boot-v1-0-co...soon?&st=30

Post 41 in that thread:
QUOTE said:
Since there are quite a few questions to answer, I thought I would put them all in a new post.

Firstly, SD-Boot will not be named SD-Boot anymore once released.. this is because it will be able to do a whole lot more than just that.

The main delay with the next version is that it will add support for a few new devices which will be capable of booting backups. (USBGecko support is going to be merged in too - from usb-boot)

A memory card manager is coming in the new version too, hence the large delay, and not to forget md5 generation for disc backups. More smaller but still significant features are to follow as well in a future update when I have some screenshots to show off.

Two disc support from sd-card is still a little incomplete, but it's getting there (it's at the bottom of my todo list at the moment).

I plan to improve compatibility but that takes a lot of time, and I'd rather iron out other bugs and features first.

Unfortunately, Audio streaming support from sdgecko is not possible. I plan to make games not require a DVD Disc in the drive (or at least spun down/laser off).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM