Homebrew It's possible to play Phantasy Star Online SchtServ Private Server on Wii U with Nintendont ?

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, Sorry for my english
I want to know if it's possible to play PSO with SchtServ servers on Wii U

I Use Nintendont with inject on Wii Menu to play Game Cube games on my Wii U GamePad, i want to know if it is possible to configure the Game Cube Online on Wii U in some way

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, I see... Thanks for ask me =/
To clarify, Devolution on Wii U requires that you use a Wii with GC support to verify the game dumps. That means you have to own the game, and launch a clean dump of the game in Devolution at least once on the Wii, insert the original disc once the disc slot flashes twice, it should flash 5 times once the disc is verified. Then you have to copy over the Devolution files and the games, and sync the same Wiimote you had on the Wii to the Wii U (because the game dumps are tied to the wiimote ID), this is because tueidj is strictly anti-piracy and the Wii U can't read GC games normally so there's no way to verify that you own the game directly on the Wii U.
There's a reason pretty much no one uses Devolution...
Thankfully it only needs to be done once per game.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is because tueidj is strictly anti-piracy
Not anti-piracy enough to figure out how to directly load retail discs like Nintendont can. The only reasons to use Devolution are for networking support (LAN play and PSO), using a physical and virtual memory card at the same time, or using a GBA and a Classic Controller at the same time on a Wii. You can't even force 480p or Widescreen on Devolution. But you can play the glitchy version of F-Zero AX that's hidden in F-Zero GX. Huh.

(as an aside, I always read "anti-piracy" as "anti-preservation" - even Nintendo had to grab their Virtual Console ROMs from piracy sites. And then after making their killings, they opened fire with lawsuits on the people who did their preservation job for them. Ungrateful little sods. If piracy was killing the movie/music/games industry, those industries would be dead already.)

Last edited by N7Kopper,
Reactions: Refriger8tor

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify, Devolution on Wii U requires that you use a Wii with GC support to verify the game dumps. That means you have to own the game, and launch a clean dump of the game in Devolution at least once on the Wii, insert the original disc once the disc slot flashes twice, it should flash 5 times once the disc is verified. Then you have to copy over the Devolution files and the games, and sync the same Wiimote you had on the Wii to the Wii U (because the game dumps are tied to the wiimote ID), this is because tueidj is strictly anti-piracy and the Wii U can't read GC games normally so there's no way to verify that you own the game directly on the Wii U.
There's a reason pretty much no one uses Devolution...
Thankfully it only needs to be done once per game.

So PSO can be played on a wii u, right? I just need to use my wii with gamecube controller ports to rip the game via the "cleanrip" app, then use devolution to verify the PSO game files on my PC?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So PSO can be played on a wii u, right? I just need to use my wii with gamecube controller ports to rip the game via the "cleanrip" app, then use devolution to verify the PSO game files on my PC?
You verify them on the Wii, move the SD over to the Wii U or copy the files, and sync the same Wiimote on the Wii U, which Devolution needs on Wii U to sort of verify that you're the same person.

Reactions: wicksand420

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You verify them on the Wii, move the SD over to the Wii U or copy the files, and sync the same Wiimote on the Wii U, which Devolution needs on Wii U to sort of verify that you're the same person.

Do you have a complete right up or tutorial on the process for it to work on the wii u?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you. By the way, did you follow this tutorial and if so, did you try phantasy star online for gamecube?
I was at one point going to set up Devolution on my Wii U and I got as far as dumping and verifying a couple of my games on the Wii but never completed the setup on the Wii U, then Nintendont came out and I didn't need Devolution anymore, so I've never really used it.
It's pretty simple to do though. That guide overcomplicates it a bit, it's just the first one I found.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was at one point going to set up Devolution on my Wii U and I got as far as dumping and verifying a couple of my games on the Wii but never completed the setup on the Wii U, then Nintendont came out and I didn't need Devolution anymore, so I've never really used it.
It's pretty simple to do though. That guide overcomplicates it a bit, it's just the first one I found.

Fair enough. Thanks for responding and helping me with the link. ^_^

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Fair enough. Thanks for responding and helping me with the link. ^_^
My message further above is basically the short version. After you have verified the games on the Wii and moved the SD card over you should simply need to launch Devolution and with the Wiimote synced and connected be able to start your games (only requires the Wiimote once per game I think)

Alternatively did you know there is a version of PSO for PC that also works with SchtServ? It has episodes 1, 2 and 4, the last one isn't available on GC :) It's called Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over