it's possible to have bricked my windows ?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Xyphoseos, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Xyphoseos
    OP

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    hello, I have a big problem, yesterday I wanted to remove all malwares which were in my computer, For it I use Unhackme, I do a first scan and I remove the threats, I reboot, and now black screen after Asus logo...
    why ? It's possible than I deleted a file in C://windows...
    I bricked my windows
    what I must do ? I have a lot of important data ...
    sorry for my English

2. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    http://greatis.com/unhackme/support.htm

3. Reiten

Reiten Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Not sure if "brick" is the right word for this, but depending on the procedures used it is possible to break windows.
    As to what you can do to restore windows will depend on what version of windows you are using.
    If you want to get the data out you could make a linux live boot CD/USB and boot from that and copy the data out.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  4. Xyphoseos
    OP

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Im on w8.1

5. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Not much experience with W8 but as far as I know there is some kind of boot menu since 8 which would could start to (probably F8 ?) and there they offer you some recovery tools usually ...

If it is only black screen it is weird ... usually you would get some kind of error message like broken mbr or whatever there is.

6. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.7-1-zen
    I'd first try to recover and back-up any and all of your important data to a descent quality external HDD.

7. Reiten

Reiten Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    As hobbled... said try to back up your data before attempting anything else.
    After that look up how to get into the boot menu that Youkai is talking about. If that doesn't work there usually are some recovery tools on the installation CD.

8. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Some tools are pretty powerful and need to be used on the last resort to remove malware.
    Although, why did you use it?

9. Xyphoseos
    OP

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    I only have Access to the bios

10. Reiten

Reiten Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Well having access to the bios should be enough to run one of the linux distors from a CD/USB. Which basically means that nothing gets installed to your HDD, but you get a GUI and access to all your data(unless W8 has put some restrictions on accessing data.). Just google Ubuntu live boot to get a general idea what it means.

Last edited by Reiten, Apr 19, 2017
    Xyphoseos likes this.